Remove this ad

Nike

Posts: 12,158 We're all just living in the moment of being positive and there's like, people called haters ... [No, no, Cindy] ... and we give them positivity

#121 [url]

Honestly I think her 18 #1's record is meant to be broken in future times, even if it is not Rihanna. I am proud of Mariah owning so many no.1 records. I just want her to keep releasing music at this stage. If someone can break Mariah's record, he/she can beat Beatles 20 #1s as well.

However for One Sweet Day, this is such a beautiful and meaningful song. The 16 no.1s has been there for 20 freaking years. And seeing so many singles reaching 14th weeks no.1s and could never made it to the 15th has made One Sweet Day very special.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#122 [url]

Nike wrote:
However for One Sweet Day, this is such a beautiful and meaningful song. The 16 no.1s has been there for 20 freaking years. And seeing so many singles reaching 14th weeks no.1s and could never made it to the 15th has made One Sweet Day very special.

Not only does the song have a lovely and timeless message,  but I, as someone who loves exuberant vocal arrangements, also take great pleasure in knowing that the longest-running #1 song currently is such a vocal masterpiece. Imagine someone a hundred years from now deciding to listen to the song that holds the record and hearing all these harmonies, ad-libs, powerful belts and beautiful intricate runs. It makes one proud to be a contemporary of such talented singers.
Alternatively, they may hear utter vocal mediocrity that is Despacito - at least when compared to OSD. Of course, a lot can happen a hundred years from now; perhaps both OSD and Despacito will have been long forgotten, but I'm just sayin'.

__    __    __    __    __    __    __    __    __    __    __    __    __    __

Charmbracelet is my favorite MC album. DEAL WIT IT

Quote    Reply   

Nike

Posts: 12,158 We're all just living in the moment of being positive and there's like, people called haters ... [No, no, Cindy] ... and we give them positivity

#123 [url]

Limelord wrote:
Nike wrote:

Not only does the song have a lovely and timeless message,  but I, as someone who loves exuberant vocal arrangements, also take great pleasure in knowing that the longest-running #1 song currently is such a vocal masterpiece. Imagine someone a hundred years from now deciding to listen to the song that holds the record and hearing all these harmonies, ad-libs, powerful belts and beautiful intricate runs. It makes one proud to be a contemporary of such talented singers.
Alternatively, they may hear utter vocal mediocrity that is Despacito - at least when compared to OSD. Of course, a lot can happen a hundred years from now; perhaps both OSD and Despacito will have been long forgotten, but I'm just sayin'.

Agree. OSD has a timeless sounding to me even after 20 years. Even 'We Belong Together' may sound dated nowadays.  
OSD may not be the best song in history, but its vocal is probably the best among all the HOT 100 14th weeks songs. "I Will Always Love You" is the only exception. 

Quote    Reply   

#124 [url]

New Justin Bieber (where he isn't a featured artist) music coming out Thursday! This may the only chance for Despacito to be stopped.  

The discount helped Despacito as there are now 2 versions in the top 10. Wild Thoughts (Rihanna) is now #1 on iTunes so the discount helped that song as well. Here's hoping Justin can replace himself on the Hot 100 and block Rihanna at the same time. smiley: glasses 

Quote    Reply   

Nike

#129 [url]

I am excited about Justin new song #TeamJustin

Quote    Reply   

kittykow105

#130 [url]

So, "Despacito" is falling on iTunes, slowly, but surely.  Funny enough, it looks like either OSD's record will be broken OR Rihanna will get another #1 single (off a collaboration too) smiley: laugh.  It's also dropping in airplay too.  

PosArtist and Title 1.13.57.08.711.6
DJ Khaled - Wild Thoughts (feat. Rihanna & Bryson Tiller)
$1.00001.00001.00001.00001.0000
P!nk - What About Us
Liam Payne - Strip That Down (feat. Quavo)
$0.67520.68350.68470.68480.6897
Luis Fonsi & Daddy Yankee - Despacito (feat. Justin Bieber) [Remix]

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#132 [url]

Despacito has spent 14 weeks at #1, and it looks like week 15 is just about guaranteed.

EpgG6.gif

[USERNAME REMOVED BY REQUEST] wrote:
Mariah Carey On Rihanna: "I love Rihanna, I am a fan. I love that she is who she is, she's a superstar and she just lives as herself."

Quote    Reply   

Kevon

Administrator

#134 [url]

Where the hell is Moses? Somebody talk to Moses about this sh*t because the lord is out of control and I cannot deal.

tumblr_inline_n73cbvL1vw1rnvwt1.gif

Wrapped up in a shady tortilla

Quote    Reply   

#136 [url]

At least One Sweet Day's record is legitimate. People had to actually purchase that song to get it to number one, meanwhile these kids can just stream that other song a million times and suddenly that's supposed to mean something 😑. Same with all of these "platinum" records that should really be double copper with their true sales.

Quote    Reply   

#137 [url]

Ugh. Mariah should release the complete solo version of OSD and save her own record/stop Rihanna/snag 19th #1

I never thought I'd actually be desperate for Taylor Swift to a) release new music and b) have it go to #1

Quote    Reply   

carlos b fly

Administrator

#138 [url]

MIAMTEC wrote:
Should we stream Strip That Down or Pinks song? Who has a better chance of knocking this satanic song off?

Forget about Pink. I was looking at her streaming numbers a few days ago, there isn't enough behind it to shove it to #1.

Quote    Reply   

#139 [url]

The best shot is Justin Bieber himself. I am not sure how the chart week works, but it's being released Thursday. With sales and competition so low, I don't think it will take much to debut at #1 and he has done it in the past (twice). Will the sales, streams, and airplay of his new song be counted for the next chart or the one after?

Quote    Reply   

#140 [url]

Taylor's court case is over. The one against her was thrown out, and she won her case against the DJ that groped her. Happy for her that she won.

Now that it's over, can she drop new music ASAP please? She is an artist with the possibility of a #1 debut. Radio deals, huge first week sales, etc.

[USERNAME REMOVED BY REQUEST] wrote:
Mariah Carey On Rihanna: "I love Rihanna, I am a fan. I love that she is who she is, she's a superstar and she just lives as herself."

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help