Remove this ad

BeyondIdolization

May we always be together...
In the sands of time

Lead

Aug 7 17 5:22 PM

Tags : :

Anyone know why this gem wasn't included on CB? Did she ever comment on it? It's better than several of the songs that were imo. I really love the production/instrumental, the lyrics are quite nice, and I like her singing in whistle register towards the end. Imo it's up there with her best B-sides Slipping Away and Sprung!
Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

CoCoLambMC

Hit me with your best shot!

#1 [url]

Aug 7 17 9:16 PM

I think it wasn't included just because of how "rough" it sounds. I really enjoy it! I think This and "Reach For The Sky" are the only songs she ended up cutting from Charmbracelet. 15 tracks is A LOT for a Mariah album!

Quote    Reply   

CoCoLambMC

Hit me with your best shot!

#3 [url]

Aug 8 17 1:36 AM

CoryCoolDangerous wrote:
Was it even recorded when the album came out? I thought it was intended for a re-release of the album that only ended up happening in Japan.
It was definitely recorded when the other tracks from the album were. I believe with the peeps who did "Subtle Invitation"   smiley: pimp

Quote    Reply   

matty tat tat

Let me speak quietly
So your heart can hear
I will hypnotise and mesmerise u
With the sound of your own fear

#6 [url]

Aug 8 17 8:26 AM

When it comes on one of my playlist it's pleasant but often forgettable. Never really got into it because of the vocals.

Like 'Mariah Carey Multimedia Page' on Facebook
(facebook.com/MariahCareyMultimedia)

Subscribe to the MimiMultimedia YouTube Channel
(http://www.youtube.com/user/MimiMultimedia)

Quote    Reply   

Migrate90

#7 [url]

Aug 11 17 6:47 AM

A perfect example of a terrific song destroyed by the vocal performance. As it is, it's cute/pleasant enough, but considering its potential... it's just a shame about the vocals.

Disclaimer: NOT that she should've belted it out, but this anemic whisperfest was the pits!

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

breakbreakdown

#9 [url]

Aug 11 17 7:50 AM

I love this production, it's been like 15+ years I've listened to it. She definitely should go in this direction (+ jazz influences). However, the way she sings it is so Charmbrancelet-ish, so boring, I haven't realized how lackluster it was. She never sounded like that on other songs, maybe because she mixed singing styles ? Even Say Something or TTF were miles better (regarding the whispering). The song itself is an ok song, but I don't know... it lacks salt. Yours, Lullaby and even SI are much richer (within the singing style).

Quote    Reply   

Vincent

Me. I am Vinny...The Shady Wordsmith

#14 [url]

Aug 11 17 10:53 AM

She should just re-record it and put it on her next album. Ain't like anybody but the lambs will know.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Vincent, dahhhhling.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help