Remove this ad

#61 [url]

Aug 10 17 12:11 PM

Ugh, the Adventures of Mimi tour has got to be the worst tour she's ever had. Maybe the production value was great, but her shows are all about her and her voice was shot and her outfits were horrendous beyond belief. Also, those moments of choreography she did on that tour are hilarious for a gif but also totally embarrassing

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#62 [url]

Aug 10 17 2:48 PM

These performance are great examples of Mariah performing and dancing great while being naturally sexy and confident with great vocals! If she could pull stuff like this off today it come off great.

Quote    Reply   

#63 [url]

Aug 10 17 2:56 PM

I think the best way for Mariah to go is the way alot of Rock bands do like Pink Floyd and Cold Play do which is mostly all Art work, stage production going on around them and amazing light and screen shows! Those are actually the best concerts because there so creative just watch a Pink Floyd Concert and you'll see what I mean. Then Mariah can focus on singing and maybe Dance on an uptempo if they come up with something really good she feels comfortable doing, can get into and nails every time otherwise it's not worth if she looks bad while dancing.

Quote    Reply   

carlos b fly

Administrator

#64 [url]

Aug 10 17 3:15 PM

^ These are good examples but I think its very much a "days gone by" factor.

Mariah was insanely happy/out of control/liberated/whatever you want to call it from Butterfly to Rainbow. She was loving life and almost high on her freedom period. I don't think Mariah is insanely depressed or anything now but she is nowhere in that kind of mindset now. She actually very inside herself when performing I find a lot of the time now, hence why she's uncomfortable or stiff. She isn't quite letting go for whatever reason why (and we all have our theories).

Quote    Reply   

mcrespect

#65 [url]

Aug 10 17 3:43 PM

Gawain of Suffolk wrote:
These performance are great examples of Mariah performing and dancing great while being naturally sexy and confident with great vocals! If she could pull stuff like this off today it come off great.

These performances are really old. That was a different Mariah, younger, thinner, sexier, more confident, 100% at the top of her game..There is simply no comparison between 1997 Mariah and 2017 Mariah. And it makes sense because she is aging and is on a career decline. You can't seriously expect her to look like that or put on shows like that. Most importantly, I don't think she has the will or the drive to do so..

Quote    Reply   

BeyondIdolization

May we always be together...
In the sands of time

#66 [url]

Aug 10 17 4:47 PM

Yes, it's ridiculous to expect Mariah to just suddenly go back to her 27 year old self, I mean come on lol. Sometimes fans view Mariah as some robot that we can just program and it'll act accordingly.

Quote    Reply   

carlos b fly

Administrator

#67 [url]

Aug 10 17 4:50 PM

BeyondIdolization wrote:
 Sometimes fans view Mariah as some robot that we can just program and it'll act accordingly.

This is true. As frustrating as it is, it's something some people need to get.

Quote    Reply   

#68 [url]

Aug 10 17 5:15 PM

Mariah, old or not, is really stiff sometimes, almost like those people who need a chiropractic. it gets worse when she is overweight. Idk if it's only a physical or emotional thing but it's definitely a thing. She has this abusive relationship with high heels lol maybe that's the reason, who knows? And she is mainly a r'nb singer so it's hard to sell it when you can't even move a little. Its not the britney moves with dancers and snakes I'm talking about. She just needs a little more swag on the stage like Mary J or Alicia maybe.

Quote    Reply   

#69 [url]

Aug 10 17 5:18 PM

IMO the reason Mariah is ever stiff is because she refuses to wear anything over a size 4, regardless of her weight. You trying squeezing into the same dress you wore 30 lbs ago and see how well you are able to move

Quote    Reply   

#70 [url]

Aug 10 17 7:15 PM

She was pretty animated here:

(2nd half)

It looks like she's become more stiff for a few reasons: Wearing clothes that are too tight, not feeling comfortable when she's heavier, and having to focus a lot more these days to project great vocals and hit them notes (not as easy as it used to be).

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#71 [url]

Aug 10 17 11:00 PM

Saying Mariah is old and on career decline sound like something straight outta of a haters mouth! Do you not have faith in the woman anymore she is only in her late 40's and none of those videos I posted aren't things a woman in her 40's or 50's couldn't do if in shape and in good health. The thing that's lacking is her confidence but with the way even her fans speak of her at time who could blame the poor girl. Mariah was in great shape on the Sweet Sweet Fantasy Tour and performed with great confidence and energy and that was only last year. No one is expecting her to sing like she did in the Fantasy Concert but she can maintain her voice and work on perfecting her image as an entertainer! Cher is in her 70's and does more than Mariah is doing on stage at the moment so clearly it's got nothing to do with age or having hits.

Quote    Reply   

mcrespect

#72 [url]

Aug 11 17 1:07 AM

Gawain of Suffolk wrote:
Saying Mariah is old and on career decline sound like something straight outta of a haters mouth! Do you not have faith in the woman anymore she is only in her late 40's and none of those videos I posted aren't things a woman in her 40's or 50's couldn't do if in shape and in good health. The thing that's lacking is her confidence but with the way even her fans speak of her at time who could blame the poor girl. Mariah was in great shape on the Sweet Sweet Fantasy Tour and performed with great confidence and energy and that was only last year. No one is expecting her to sing like she did in the Fantasy Concert but she can maintain her voice and work on perfecting her image as an entertainer! Cher is in her 70's and does more than Mariah is doing on stage at the moment so clearly it's got nothing to do with age or having hits.
A hater's mouth? Really? If I am a hater, then you're delusional. Are you still waiting for a 19th #1? And it's not about "losing faith" like you said or feeling bitter etc., it's about coming to grips with the reality of things. Look, I know how devoted you are, we all are in our own way. We just see things from a different perspective..

Last Edited By: mcrespect Aug 11 17 1:49 AM. Edited 1 time.

Quote    Reply   

Kevon

Administrator

#74 [url]

Aug 11 17 3:59 AM

^So true, just accept that short of a very lucky turn of events Mariah is stepping into 'legacy artist' territory. She is pushing 50, and this is an ageist music industry especially when it comes to women. It's nothing to be upset about, it's what happens and doesn't tarnish what she has achieved nor does that it mean her career is finished, she can still produce material and tour and whatever else - just stop expecting her to sell what she did before.

This is Mariah and her team's fault partly. She talks a lot about her chart successes and her records, it's not much of a surprise her fans are consumed by it.

Wrapped up in a shady tortilla

Quote    Reply   

breakbreakdown

#75 [url]

Aug 11 17 7:56 AM

Anthony Burrell is such a low key lamb, I so relate to that . Or like Madonna would've said, the bad kind of lamb Very reasonable and not vengeful interview, I totally agree with him. And god knows what he had to deal with that psycho of a manager.

Quote    Reply   

carlos b fly

Administrator

#76 [url]

Aug 11 17 9:04 AM

Gawain of Suffolk wrote:
Saying Mariah is old and on career decline sound like something straight outta of a haters mouth! 

Mariah's been on a sustained career decline since late 2008. Where have you been? 

Quote    Reply   

carlos b fly

Administrator

#77 [url]

Aug 11 17 9:05 AM

mcrespect wrote:
Gawain of Suffolk wrote:
 Are you still waiting for a 19th #1?

You can joke but.... smiley: laugh

Quote    Reply   

carlos b fly

Administrator

#78 [url]

Aug 11 17 9:07 AM

Kevon wrote:
^So true, just accept that short of a very lucky turn of events Mariah is stepping into 'legacy artist' territory. 

Honestly, I'm still waiting for a sizeable chunk of the fanbase to come around to this. Its happening (if not already done) and frankly, people like Stella are just wasting time by not embracing this situation and what it means for Mariah's recording career (which doesn't mean oblivion, as many a successful legacy artist will tell you).

Quote    Reply   

BeyondIdolization

May we always be together...
In the sands of time

#79 [url]

Aug 11 17 9:22 AM

^Isn't Stella embracing it? I mean with the European tour, Lionel tour etc. Add Vegas before that. Those things seem very legacy artist to me.

Quote    Reply   

Brazilian X Man

Fine, fresh, fierce
We got it on lock
and we'll melt your popsicle

#80 [url]

Aug 11 17 9:27 AM

I think her performance last year at Divas Live looked great and she seemed relaxed. I know it was lipped, but since we are talking about stage production value....

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help