Remove this ad

#8721 [url]

Aug 7 17 12:29 PM

True, Ramona and Sonja need each other, and tbh the show needs them -- they are both constant sources of drama and hilarity. Dorinda is gold all by herself, and LuAnn is usually gold by herself (she needs to stay, especially given the divorce). Bethenny is of course gold too, but at this point I wouldn't mind switching her out for Jill if that's how it goes. Carole will only stay if Bethenny stays -- IMO next season could either be:

Bethenny, Carole, Ramona, Sonja, Dorinda, LuAnn, Jill
Ramona, Sonja, Dorinda, LuAnn, Jill, newbie (Dina Lohan? Do you hear us calling?)

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

BeyondIdolization

May we always be together...
In the sands of time

#8722 [url]

Aug 7 17 12:57 PM

Ramona, Sonja, Luann and Dorinda aren't going anywhere imo. Bethenny will be gone if SHE chooses to. Carole and Tinsley are up in the air probably. Meanwhile, BRING BACK JILL ZARIN!!

Quote    Reply   

Kevon

Administrator

#8723 [url]

Aug 8 17 7:52 AM

I really enjoyed that episode. The Bethenny/Ramona make up seemed genuine. They obviously just dragged that out longer than necessary for a storyline. But I do think Ramona conceding was sincere. It was unusual to see her actually acknowledging that there is malicious intent with some of the things she says claiming to just be "considerate".

I really love Dorinda, she's just so likable even when she's furiously ranting and raving. The bit where she starts flapping her arms around at the dinner table and then Bethenny stands up and starts doing the motion like she was conducting an orchestra, I died

On the whole Bethenny just seemed happier during that trip. Like she was actually enjoying the company of the ladies.

Wrapped up in a shady tortilla

Quote    Reply   

BeyondIdolization

In the sands of time

#8724 [url]

Aug 8 17 7:59 AM

Bethenny shines on the trips because she HAS to interact with the other women, she can't just bolt after 30 min like she usually does. She does seem to enjoy the trips for the most part so it's strange that she's so reluctant when they're filming back in NY.

Quote    Reply   

BeyondIdolization

In the sands of time

#8725 [url]

Aug 8 17 4:58 PM

OC: God, this is the worst cast OC has ever had. They're all awful and BORING, and Peggy is the worst casting I've ever seen- even worse than Meghan! Even Lydia is coming across unlikable. This is the first OC season where I don't look forward to the new episode at all (same with the last couple of NJ seasons).

Quote    Reply   

#8726 [url]

Aug 9 17 12:33 AM

OC- I don't find it boring at all. I feel as though a lot has happened so far when it comes to conflict compared to NYC and BH and really most of the franchises. Now, do I think anyone is all that likable, NO. Tamra, Shannon and Vicki are the Most likable to me and at this point that is NOT saying much. Maybe it's entertainment value. I've always had a soft spot for Tamra though. It's very interesting what her daughter had to say about her. The only reason Lydia is back is to get exposure for that magazine. They need anything they can get. Launching a magazine in this day, a luxury one at that, is not the best move. I know they aren't magazines, but I recently read the NY Post and NY Daily News are always in the red.

Quote    Reply   

BeyondIdolization

In the sands of time

#8727 [url]

Aug 9 17 2:37 AM

^The conflict is too manufactured and forced for me. It's clear none of these women would ever hang out if not forced by producers- and now they're even refusing to go to events where 'X' will be! How are they gonna go on a cast trip when they can't even stand to be in the same room for one event? That will seem so fake. These shows jump the shark when the cast is too fractured and unorganic and that's what happened with OC.

Quote    Reply   

Kevon

Administrator

#8728 [url]

Aug 9 17 4:32 AM

OC S8. I actually having watched the full season didn't see Gretchen as being that much of a villain. She did some questionable things particularly at the start of the season when she was part of the mean girls but it was clear after a few episodes anything she did was acting out of hurt because she actually believed Tamra's friendship was genuine. She was realising she had been duped when Tamra turned on her at the drop of a hat in favour of Vicki. It's kind of gross seeing Vicki and Gretchen bicker over that awful human being. Not that Vicki is much better - just more stupid and emotional than the queen of calculation.

Quote    Reply   

BeyondIdolization

In the sands of time

#8729 [url]

Aug 9 17 10:32 AM

^Vicki and Tamra are both garbage, narcissistic people with no scruples. They are equally horrible imo (Vicki gets even worse, just keep watching). Gretchen is likable compared to them lol. I think the fake proposal did Gretchen in, well I don't 'think' so, the producers said as much during a behind the scenes special- you really should watch the S8 'Uncensored' special, it's the best behind the scenes I've ever seen from any franchise. Lots of juicy info.

Quote    Reply   

Kevon

Administrator

#8730 [url]

Aug 9 17 11:37 AM

^Ah so this is the one I think you were talking about before I started watching OC. I will definitely check it out. Obivously in these shows you know a lot of it is contrived but I'll be curious to see just how much

I see from the casting that they shake it up in S9, I am quite glad. I do think Gretchen has run her course and Alexis probably could have left a season or two ago. Hard to imagine Vicki getting even worse, I'm perched To behave the way she behaves and have stayed on the show the whole duration, that woman is not right in the head.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

BeyondIdolization

In the sands of time

#8731 [url]

Aug 9 17 12:12 PM

^Here's a link, it's oddly titled here but it's the correct one: http://mywatchseries.to/episode/the_real_housewives_of_orange_county_s10_e0.html

S9 is quite good, I'm curious to hear your take on Shannon. Also Tamra gets a lot of hate this season, which is nice of course. S10 is the ultimate Vicki takedown with Brooks and cancergate- it's like as bad as Phaedra and rapegate. Then S11 is one of the craziest, Kelly Dodd joins and is instantly a deranged yet somehow likable villain (especially compared to the people she's up against lol).

Last Edited By: BeyondIdolization Aug 9 17 12:14 PM. Edited 1 time.

Quote    Reply   

#8732 [url]

Aug 9 17 12:26 PM

^ I think Tamra has actually softened a bit since she married Eddie -- I think she's happier and has somewhat "found Jesus" -- but she also did enough damage for that to make me never trust her.

I loved Shannon her first season and initially put her up there with Dorinda as one of the greatest late-season housewife additions. I still think she brings a lot to the cast, but I definitely do not like her anymore.

Vicki is ridiculous, but always incredibly entertaining.

Quote    Reply   

BeyondIdolization

In the sands of time

#8733 [url]

Aug 9 17 12:42 PM

^Tamra is out there right now calling her daughter Sydney 'brainwashed' on social media, because Sydney called her out after she posted pics from Sydney's graduation even after Sydney asked her specifically not to do that- in addition to having asked her multiple times not to talk about her on the show. Tamra has not changed one bit, she will use anyone for attention and a storyline no matter the consequences, even if it means her daughter cutting off all contact.

Agreed- Shannon was great her first season and ok her second, then she because insufferable. It was uncomfortable to watch how she became a bully with Tamra and Heather.

Vicki is not entertaining at all anymore imo. She's pathetic and depressing to watch now and no one can even stand to be around her anymore.

Quote    Reply   

#8734 [url]

Aug 10 17 7:27 AM

NYC: I can't believe the finale already happened. That went by so fast. I think this season was better than the last for me. It had less drama, but it didn't frustrate me at the end like last year did. Bethenny was so gross to me with the way she treated Jules (and LuAnn) that I wasn't sure I could keep watching with her on. She's since mellowed (a little), and I can take her better. I've liked Tinsley, and I think she will be interesting to watch for another season without being in Sonja's shadows. The finale was implying Bethenny is "seeing through her." I felt jealousy from Bethenny when she was talking about Tinsley.

Honestly, sad for LuAnn. I think it is of course for the best, but just wow. I have no doubt that her place on the show is secure. Dorinda, on the other hand, I don't understand the love for her. I feel like quoting Yolanda, "There's nothing more ugly than a drunk woman." Not really, but Dorinda's coked-out sloppiness grosses me out, and although I am no Sonja fan, the way she spoke to her this season was horrible. I can tolerate her, but I'd be happy to see her go. I know it won't happen though.

First season ever that I actually liked Carole. She wasn't mean this season, and actually added to the humor and friendships. I don't really see the need for them to keep her though. I'd echo that a Jill return would be great. But I somehow envision that Jill coming back is like fire and brimstone, and she would take the show down with her (like, it would be the show's best and final season.)

Quote    Reply   

#8735 [url]

Aug 10 17 8:18 AM

RE: OC. I am still enjoying this season, but it's certainly lost its luster from even last season. There's quite consistently been no likable people on the cast and hasn't been the issue. I agree that the disconnectedness of the cast, and more specifically, Vicki's vileness are the main contributors to the OC's decline for me. Kelly is still entertaining and bringing it. Shannon is a nightmare but also entertaining. I do wish they didn't axe Heather; I hated her, but I do think that she added a good dynamic to the cast. And I loved her Orwellian homebuilding saga. It's not like there's some great core cast members that is like to see them bring back on this show. They might be better off with an NYC style recast where they oust Vicki and Tamra. I'm personally sick of them.

Quote    Reply   

BeyondIdolization

In the sands of time

#8736 [url]

Aug 10 17 8:49 AM

^I'm so sick of Vicki and Tamra too, those two really need to get the boot. They're so played out and everyone hates Vicki's guts. Bring back Jeana, Gretchen, Lizzie and Lauri imo. Shannon and Kelly can stay. Peggy will obviously be a one season wonder.

Last Edited By: BeyondIdolization Aug 10 17 8:51 AM. Edited 1 time.

Quote    Reply   

#8737 [url]

Aug 10 17 11:45 AM

charmbracelet87 wrote:
The finale was implying Bethenny is "seeing through her." I felt jealousy from Bethenny when she was talking about Tinsley.
I thought it was interesting that Bethenny said that about Tinsley too -- is her drinking a problem that wasn't talked about on the show? Is that what Sonja has been referring to in terms of being a not-so-great guest and covering for her?

Regardless, I also felt like this was a short (for some reason?) but enjoyable season. Not as great as last season, but still a 7/10 (helped by a terrific last few episodes). 

I also feel bad for LuAnn, especially with her final commentary being about how "happy" she is and how she "showed everyone" that it worked with her and Tom. It looks like we're also gonna hear some more juicy stuff slip about them at the reunion.

I also enjoyed Carole a lot this season, but that doesn't necessarily mean I think she should stay. It's interesting because I think NYC has a few ladies who act as a bit of the greek chorus role -- Carole, Bethenny, and sober Dorinda are all very intelligent and sharp. It'll be interesting to see how they move forward with casting next season, but I love all of these ladies so I'm good with no changes (plus Jill, of course). 

Quote    Reply   

BeyondIdolization

In the sands of time

#8738 [url]

Aug 10 17 11:59 AM

^It felt short because nothing happened until Mexico, but it was 19 episodes so only one less than last season.

Bethenny seemed totally jealous and catty with the Tinsley stuff. She can't stand this new younger prettier girl. And Sonja the alcoholic cokehead is the last person who should comment on anyone's drinking.

Quote    Reply   

#8739 [url]

Aug 10 17 2:00 PM

I don't know if Bethenny is jealous of Tinsley, but it was interesting that she's basically the only one to take Sonja's side here. I just think Bethenny cannot rest until she's uncovered every single thing about someone -- she's like Vanderpump in that way -- they both like to have collateral on their opponents so that they always have the upper hand.

Quote    Reply   

#8740 [url]

Aug 10 17 3:41 PM

That had to be the worst season of NYC to date. The reunion looks whack too. Bring back Jill for season 10.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help