Remove this ad

carlos b fly

Administrator

#901 [url]

Jul 26 17 4:23 PM

I'll be honest, I did foresee an album being possible by Q4. This is the woman who did Rainbow and CB in a mighty fast turnaround and she's already got some songs in the pipe with I Don't to tag on. However, its become obvious the more projects she lines up this year that I just can't see it being done even if Mariah is really inspired. There's only so much one person can do on a busy schedule.

Unless they aiming for a 2018 Q2 release, I guess we won't be looking at any chance until next Christmas.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

mcrespect

#902 [url]

Jul 27 17 2:47 AM

As it seems, she is on a very tight schedule .She is on tour. Then we have the "The Star". I don't know if this will be treated as a new Mariah single and promoted as such. Then in December there are the Christmas concerts. Get all those projects over with, build up a positive hype and then release the new album in 2018 Q1/2 .It might be all for the best.

Quote    Reply   

BeyondIdolization

May we always be together...
In the sands of time

#903 [url]

Jul 27 17 8:07 AM

Most of her recent albums have been Q2, that seems plausible if she already has some songs done. If she adds I Don't and The Star that's two extra songs as well.

Quote    Reply   

#905 [url]

Jul 27 17 9:07 AM

I think it will be Q2 if we see a lot of evidence of her recording between September and the start of December. While she definitely logged studio time in May and June, I still don't believe she has too many songs yet. Nothing to say she hasn't been or won't record without it leaking out on social media, it's just been her way since 2009 to inform us when she's in the studio and generally speaking, it's easy to trace when she's regularly recording and when she isn't.

Quote    Reply   

Vincent

Me. I am Vinny...The Shady Wordsmith

#906 [url]

Jul 27 17 10:42 AM

I don't know, I think she's definitely recorded several songs already. She doesn't need more than 11-12 songs to drop an album in Q4. If she keeps "I Don't," there is still the song with Busta, a song with Khaled, this film song (though it'd probably be a "bonus track"). That would be 4; she'd need 7-8 more and she's definitely done a few more.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Vincent, dahhhhling.

Quote    Reply   

mcrespect

#907 [url]

Jul 27 17 10:57 AM

Are we assuming that "I Don't" will be included in the record? I sure hope not. I like the song but it was a floppy single associated with her breakup from Packer and a trashy video that received tons of negative feedback. That was definitely no #B..I really hope she starts this era anew..

Quote    Reply   

mcfan

#Beautiful

#908 [url]

Jul 27 17 11:03 AM

"I Don't" better be included. I haven't scrobbled in my last.fm cause I don't do standalone singles. I need an alberm for it.

Quote    Reply   

#909 [url]

Jul 27 17 11:06 AM

Is it wrong of me to want her to hide away for a bit? I would obviously miss her and getting updates, but I think it might help her to take a bit of an extended break -- make people miss her (kind of like what Janet did) -- bring back some of that good will. IMO after she's done touring and with the Christmas stuff this year, she should go on break. Vacation for a year+, get inspired, record an album, get into great shape, and drop that new album when she's 50.

I just don't see any good coming out of new music right now. Sure, I'll be beyond excited whenever it comes -- but I want it to feel like an event like it always has been. And, most importantly, I want it to be a great Mariah Carey album -- MIAMTEC are big shoes to follow.

Quote    Reply   

BeyondIdolization

May we always be together...
In the sands of time

#910 [url]

Jul 27 17 11:18 AM

jamiclever wrote:
Is it wrong of me to want her to hide away for a bit? I would obviously miss her and getting updates, but I think it might help her to take a bit of an extended break -- make people miss her (kind of like what Janet did) -- bring back some of that good will.

Yes. The whole 'go away and the public will love you again' is a myth. It's never worked for anyone. Janet might have debuted at #1 but it wasn't with a great total and she had no hit singles from the album. It wasn't some huge comeback.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

carlos b fly

Administrator

#911 [url]

Jul 27 17 11:42 AM

mcrespect wrote:
Are we assuming that "I Don't" will be included in the record?

Its certainly quite possible. Its not like it's hidden behind publishing issues with another label. 

Quote    Reply   

carlos b fly

Administrator

#912 [url]

Jul 27 17 11:44 AM

Vincent wrote:
I don't know, I think she's definitely recorded several songs already. She doesn't need more than 11-12 songs to drop an album in Q4. If she keeps "I Don't," there is still the song with Busta, a song with Khaled, this film song (though it'd probably be a "bonus track"). That would be 4; she'd need 7-8 more and she's definitely done a few more.

This is what I've been thinking. Between the bitty songs she's been done, she'd at least have to to record less. Throw in a cover as well if she's going to follow that tradition and you've fast tracked another song as well. As you say, you only need 12 songs (sometimes less) to make an album.  

Quote    Reply   

Brazilian X Man

Fine, fresh, fierce
We got it on lock
and we'll melt your popsicle

#913 [url]

Jul 27 17 11:49 AM

Why would Mariah hide away? We are probably going to end this decade with only two studio albums and one revamped Greatest Hits. She is not everywhere, she is not on the public face all the time (except for Christmas)

Quote    Reply   

carlos b fly

Administrator

#914 [url]

Jul 27 17 11:49 AM

BeyondIdolization wrote:
jamiclever wrote:
Is it wrong of me to want her to hide away for a bit? I would obviously miss her and getting updates, but I think it might help her to take a bit of an extended break -- make people miss her (kind of like what Janet did) -- bring back some of that good will.

Yes. The whole 'go away and the public will love you again' is a myth. It's never worked for anyone. Janet might have debuted at #1 but it wasn't with a great total and she had no hit singles from the album. It wasn't some huge comeback.

Agreed, its a total myth and people were peddling ideas like this around CB as if some massive break would suddenly change everyone's opinion about Mariah. 

When you're an established megastar like Mariah, the die is cast with the public - they either love you or hate you and no amount of self imposed exile will change that or reward some massive fortunes. You come back with decent / apt music and hope it'll reach an audience and be supported by a deft marketing campaign. Belief that "everyone will love me if I *%*# off for two years" never works and you can ask artists like Christina all about that too.  

Quote    Reply   

carlos b fly

Administrator

#915 [url]

Jul 27 17 11:52 AM

Brazilian X Man wrote:
Why would Mariah hide away? We are probably going to end this decade with only two studio albums and one revamped Greatest Hits. 

Precisely, if anything she's been hugely absent as a musical presence. I actually think this is harming her more than anything. She's at a transitional phase in her career now and she needs to be carving out her status as a recording artist in the legacy phase and what that means and sounds like, plus tap into and build the audience that will support that. She's doing it in terms of touring - which is great - but the music could also do with some focus now.  

Quote    Reply   

#916 [url]

Jul 27 17 12:05 PM

I'd argue that it did work for Janet. She was getting beat up on by the press for various reasons, but came back after a long break (even Andy Cohen had a "Where's Janet Jackson?" alert) with great music and had a nice debut (much bigger than Mariah's last album, even bigger than Britney's last too). The reason the era didn't end up bigger was because she did zero promotion -- like, literally zero. No Sleeep was #1 on urban radio though, wasn't it? I think Unbreakable and Burn It Up did well too?

Regardless -- I'm not saying it would necessarily do much for Mariah -- but it just feels like she's in the pits right now. People are tearing her apart from every angle and it just doesn't feel like the right moment to release new music. Maybe this new Christmas song will turn the tide for her a bit.

If nothing else, I hope they at least attempt some PR repair before an album -- highlight some charity work, or anything like that.

Quote    Reply   

#917 [url]

Jul 27 17 12:08 PM

I truly hope that star movie help set the date for the new album. A lot of big names drop their albums on Q4. Can you imagine the glory of having the star single, AIWFCIY reigning and a new album?? 

Resultado de imagem para festive mariah gif

Quote    Reply   

Vincent

Me. I am Vinny...The Shady Wordsmith

#918 [url]

Jul 27 17 12:14 PM

I am confident Queen can put an album together by the holiday season. Her releasing during any other time than Q4 is stupid. She is the world's biggest superstar during Christmas. She has plenty of material for one, as far as life experiences go. Definitely think it's going to be a short one, though.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Vincent, dahhhhling.

Quote    Reply   

carlos b fly

Administrator

#919 [url]

Jul 27 17 12:17 PM

jamiclever wrote:
I'd argue that it did work for Janet. 

I'd argue it didn't. 

She has released complete shite for over a decade and everyone expected Unbreakable to be more of that same shite. Instead, she dropped a well received album in a quiet week of competition and managed to top the charts for one week with okay numbers and scored absolutely no hits off the entire campaign. Outside of people really liking the album, any other pretence of it doing really well is shallow smoke and mirrors - the album didn't have legs, nor did the it bring any hits.

Mariah could easily achieve this right now with a well timed release date, solid pre-orders and a focused amount of suitable promo aimed at the 30's - 40's demo. 

Last Edited By: carlos b fly Jul 27 17 12:19 PM. Edited 1 time.

Quote    Reply   

carlos b fly

Administrator

#920 [url]

Jul 27 17 12:19 PM

Vincent wrote:
Definitely think it's going to be a short one, though.

As in short campaign?

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help