Remove this ad

matty tat tat

Let me speak quietly
So your heart can hear
I will hypnotise and mesmerise u
With the sound of your own fear

#501 [url]

Jul 22 17 9:32 AM

Wow that was a great summary of the night. Those vocals were giving me liiiiife. Why can't videos like that go viral. I would have liked Dreamlover or Emotions in there instead of IKWYW.

Like 'Mariah Carey Multimedia Page' on Facebook
(facebook.com/MariahCareyMultimedia)

Subscribe to the MimiMultimedia YouTube Channel
(http://www.youtube.com/user/MimiMultimedia)

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

Kevon

Administrator

#502 [url]

Jul 22 17 9:51 AM

I hope she gets some reviews - don't people normally review and write about tours as they kick off?

Wrapped up in a shady tortilla

Quote    Reply   

Brazilian X Man

Fine, fresh, fierce
We got it on lock
and we'll melt your popsicle

#503 [url]

Jul 22 17 11:25 AM

I am happily surprised. The short black dress and the red one look good on her. Her voice is in good shape and I am sure people who were there had a great time. I agree that it would be a lot better if she replaced either/both Shake It Off and I Know What You Want. She could do #Beautiful instead, since it is her most recent hit

This is a really simple stage, isn't it? It looks even simpler than the Angels Advocate one.

Last Edited By: Brazilian X Man Jul 22 17 11:28 AM. Edited 1 time.

Quote    Reply   

#505 [url]

Jul 22 17 11:48 AM

Hopefully they sing endless love some time. Seems like a lost opportunity if not. It would be nice if someday she tours or has a show with just 5 or 6 of the big hits and the rest of the show is rare or never performed songs. I did like that in 2016 she performed loverboy and when you believe.

Quote    Reply   

Kevon

Administrator

#506 [url]

Jul 22 17 11:52 AM

Brazilian X Man wrote:
I am happily surprised. The short black dress and the red one look good on her. Her voice is in good shape and I am sure people who were there had a great time. I agree that it would be a lot better if she replaced either/both Shake It Off and I Know What You Want. She could do #Beautiful instead, since it is her most recent hit

This is a really simple stage, isn't it? It looks even simpler than the Angels Advocate one.
Well it's not her stage, they don't have time to set up a complex stage mid show, it'll be total thrown together 

Lionel's era of artists are just simple stages

Only thing I'd have liked is a video projector of her instead of those vanity shots - but with her confidence levels lately I reckon she probably doesn't want any more 'viral moments'

Wrapped up in a shady tortilla

Quote    Reply   

Ginger1.vivamariah19436

#507 [url]

Jul 22 17 1:48 PM

So Mariah didn't do an hour set in the middle of the concert. I don't know why they even thought it was a good idea.

For the people complaining about the set list, did you really believe her when she said she was going to do "fan favorites"? Come on now.

Quote    Reply   

Nike

Posts: 12,158 We're all just living in the moment of being positive and there's like, people called haters ... [No, no, Cindy] ... and we give them positivity

#508 [url]

Jul 22 17 2:18 PM

Her Vision of Love performance is amazing.

Quote    Reply   

#509 [url]

Jul 22 17 3:28 PM

For the audience she is playing to that setlist is fine, except i would switch shake it off/i know what you want for other hits or maybe two r&b/adult contemporary tracks. When you believe like on the SSF tour and #beautiful would have been good. I hope one day she performs loverboy again and id also like to see for the record and never too far.

Quote    Reply   

mcfan

#Beautiful

#510 [url]

Jul 22 17 3:34 PM

The short dress reminds me of this 

Mariah Carey - CD Release Party For 'E=MC2' At Mr Chows, 23.04.2008.

Love it, it's flattering to her figure. 

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

Ginger1.vivamariah19436

#514 [url]

Jul 22 17 4:38 PM

DodecagonYT wrote:
~20 tickets left for Sacramento, which is in a few hours!
Ticketmaster has like 100s of tickets left for tonight, mainly in the nose bleed seats, and a level lower.  The floor is sold out.

Downsizing the dates, lowering the price and whatever ticket deals they had really helped everywhere but most definitely with the California dates (also, the postponement was a blessing in disguise, the first date was quite bad).  There's a new one that popped up recently for some dates, a Me + 3 bundle offer, where you get 25% off four tickets.   Not sure what more they can do for New Jersey, though.  They slashed the prices and it has the least expensive tickets, but nobody is biting.  Place looks only about 30% sold out.  Don't know why they skipped the DMV area.  Should have kept the Baltimore date and left off NJ.

Quote    Reply   

fellipe

#517 [url]

Jul 22 17 5:11 PM

I was there!

Wasn't going to go. Never really got this tour and, even after attending, I still don't.

Mariah opens for Lionel. I was hoping they would share the same stage, get the same production level, etc. Nope.
Mariah's stage is really bare: same recycled windows screensaver and black curtain-wrapped platforms. Lionel's stage looks 100% better - great lighting, props and jumbo screens.

The show itself is ok. I feel like she was quite emotional or something. Teared up twice. Maybe she wasn't expecting the lambily to be there but we did come through and showed her lots of love. It's the Bay Area after all. Place was packed - though tickets were super cheap.

Setlist could be better. Given the audience is full of 50+yo, she should have done more classics and left off TMB, SIO...

All in all, happy I got to see her (3rd time now). Just a bit bittersweet as I never thought I'd go to a Mariah Carey concert where she is NOT the headliner.

Quote    Reply   

vinjer

#520 [url]

Jul 22 17 8:16 PM

Has  there been any media coverage of the opening night or none since she did good?

Last Edited By: vinjer Jul 22 17 8:31 PM. Edited 1 time.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help