Remove this ad

Kevon

Administrator

#481 [url]

Jul 22 17 3:11 AM

Love Hangover/Heartbreaker was a great choice for the audience and she sounded good during it. But I agree a lot of the other songs are lazy. Did she do SIO/IKWYW as a medley? She need to retire SIO once and for all.

Wrapped up in a shady tortilla

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#482 [url]

Jul 22 17 3:15 AM

Just came back from the concert. I really enjoyed it as I was never this close to Mariah in her previous concerts.
My seats are like 5 rows away from the stage, and it cost only $120+service fee from TicketMaster.
It's such a unique experience to be able to see her singing so closely.
I thought she sounded fine tonight, and people went crazy with "Don't Forget About Us" high note and the sustained notes at the end.
There were several huge Mariah fans / lambily sitting in the front so the energy level was high.
While she was singing "Touch My Body", Stella even pull me to the front row, and said to me "so I can take the video closer to Mariah".
Too bad the security asked me to go back to my seat after just 1 min.
Stella was so nice and took a picture of me wearing the new Mariah tour T-shirt (white T-shirt with pink Mariah word).
Tauren Wells sang from 7pm to 7:25pm. Mariah then started around 7:50pm and sang till 8:50pm. I think Lionel started close to 9:30pm.
I left around 10:45pm when Lionel was singing "We are the world" so not sure if Mariah came back or not.
I am impressed that there is not much wait between acts.
Overall, I think if you can get good seats at good price, it's still worth going.

Quote    Reply   

Kevon

Administrator

#484 [url]

Jul 22 17 3:44 AM

mimifan09 wrote:
She basically did her biggest hits from both decades when she was hit making. I personally don't know what anyone else was expecting given the type of show and the fact she only had a bare hour.
Actually watched the whole show there and yes, I agree. TMB/SIO/IKWYW are the only thing I would change on this set list. Obviously SIO can be replaced by the occasional "fan favourite" she promised on certain dates. But otherwise these calls for her retire and that people are sick of certain songs for an "all the hits" tour where most of the audience isn't even here to see her is idiotic.

She gave a couple of bops to get you on your feet (ITL, I'd rather have had Emotions, but I get that she can't do all the vocally demanding ones) and LH/HB. She did the staples - VOL, Hero, My All, ABMB, OSD. You know, the hits. I don't really know what anyone else would expect from this (other than binning SIO)

Vocally, she was strong for a start of the tour and VOL was really good (the long 'beeeeee; at the end was incredible) and I am just happy she's back to wearing gowns and ditched the bodysuits.

Quote    Reply   

#485 [url]

Jul 22 17 3:48 AM

The intro part of Shake It Off is nice but after that it gets boring for live treatment. Touch My Body is more interesting IMO.

www.k-e-i-t-h.deviantart.com / www.instagram.com/drawingkeith

Quote    Reply   

#486 [url]

Jul 22 17 4:00 AM

mccc9Posted: 45 minutes ago Just came back from the concert. I really enjoyed it as I was never this close to Mariah in her previous concerts. 
My seats are like 5 rows away from the stage, and it cost only $120+service fee from TicketMaster. 
It's such a unique experience to be able to see her singing so closely.
I thought she sounded fine tonight, and people went crazy with "Don't Forget About Us" high note and the sustained notes at the end. 
There were several huge Mariah fans / lambily sitting in the front so the energy level was high. 
While she was singing "Touch My Body", Stella even pull me to the front row, and said to me "so I can take the video closer to Mariah". 
Too bad the security asked me to go back to my seat after just 1 min.
Stella was so nice and took a picture of me wearing the new Mariah tour T-shirt (white T-shirt with pink Mariah word).
Tauren Wells sang from 7pm to 7:25pm. Mariah then started around 7:50pm and sang till 8:50pm. I think Lionel started close to 9:30pm. 
I left around 10:45pm when Lionel was singing "We are the world" so not sure if Mariah came back or not. 
I am impressed that there is not much wait between acts.
Overall, I think if you can get good seats at good price, it's still worth going.

WAITT.... STELLA WAS NICE?!?!

Quote    Reply   

#487 [url]

Jul 22 17 4:01 AM

I used to hate SIO live before I heard a bit of it live during TSSF and it's actually such a bop live. It gets people moving. But yes it's probably not the most appropriate for this tour.

You have to understand her thinking too. She wants to include hits from her entire career. And whether we like it or not, SIO is one of her biggest hits post 90's regardless of why it was such a big hit. So I can see why she includes it.

Again I think the set list is fine for this particular tour. Maybe something like Emotions would be better in place of SIO and IKWYW but whatever. Regardless of what Mariah was saying during the promo of this tour where she was talking about including fan favourites, this was never going to be the tour she started doing something obscure especially on the first night with it being reviewed.

I also think it's a bit ridiculous to level the complaint at at her that she must get sick of singing the same songs. She's at least trying to identify the audience she has and at other concerts this year that would more likely be more of her own fans, she did songs like One More Try, O.O.C., Thanx 4 Nothin, I'm Thar Chick, Underneath The Stars. Last year she did When you Believe, Against All Odds and the bit of Loverboy.
Who'd have thought we'd hear LTT, IDWC and Someday again even if it was just part of Vegas.

So people need to again get off her case.

Quote    Reply   

Kevon

Administrator

#489 [url]

Jul 22 17 4:18 AM

^Yeah they should have (again) replaced SIO with something IBT, do the song together then she goes to get changed

Quote    Reply   

#490 [url]

Jul 22 17 4:38 AM

Maybe Mimi and Trey are sick singing IBT. :P

www.k-e-i-t-h.deviantart.com / www.instagram.com/drawingkeith

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

mcfan

#Beautiful

#491 [url]

Jul 22 17 6:17 AM

The vocals were great, the outfits were classy and the setlist was okay. Why are you guys complaining?

"Shake It Off" is a HIT, whether you like it or not people in the US know the song and wanna hear it. This isn't the lambily tour, Queen needs to stick to the script.

I need "Emotions" to replace "IKWYW" though.

Quote    Reply   

#495 [url]

Jul 22 17 7:12 AM

I actually shocked to see the backlash from fans on here listening to her vocals she hasn't been this on point since the Sweet Sweet Fantasy Tour! She at least looks good in these outfits which is again a big step in the right direction! I think we are just use to complaining at this point cause Mariah put on a great concert full of hits. Yes Shake It Off, Touch My Body and I Know What You Want could go because Dreamlover, Make It Happen, Can't Let Go and Anytime You Need A Friend are 4 songs the public and fans really wanna hear live! If anything she should mix Touch My Body, Shake It Off into a medly and add the fan favorite Sweetheart into that medly to really make fans happy.

All I have to say is great show Mariah keep up those great vocals and switch the songs up everynight to make this Tour one to remember

Quote    Reply   

Kevon

Administrator

#497 [url]

Jul 22 17 8:15 AM

Gawain of Suffolk wrote:
I actually shocked to see the backlash from fans on here listening to her vocals she hasn't been this on point since the Sweet Sweet Fantasy Tour! She at least looks good in these outfits which is again a big step in the right direction! I think we are just use to complaining at this point cause Mariah put on a great concert full of hits. Yes Shake It Off, Touch My Body and I Know What You Want could go because Dreamlover, Make It Happen, Can't Let Go and Anytime You Need A Friend are 4 songs the public and fans really wanna hear live! If anything she should mix Touch My Body, Shake It Off into a medly and add the fan favorite Sweetheart into that medly to really make fans happy.

All I have to say is great show Mariah keep up those great vocals and switch the songs up everynight to make this Tour one to remember wink.gif
Where have people been bashing her vocals from the AHT opening night

Quote    Reply   

breakbreakdown

#499 [url]

Jul 22 17 9:03 AM

So happy for the feedback !! She should have sung Emotions at least in the opening show to shut critics down from the NYE debacle. And she didn't duet with Lionel ? Endless Love ? Anyway I'm super happy !! Yay!

Quote    Reply   

mcfan

#Beautiful

#500 [url]

Jul 22 17 9:13 AM

Any reviews of the show? I agree she should sing "Emotions" and prove she still has it down.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help