Album cover:

DCTIdweW0AAcZ0z.jpg

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

Kevon

Administrator

#22 [url]

Jun 15 17 4:55 AM

She looks great, but I don't know if it's the fillers but in some of her recent pics she's giving me Brandi Glanville teas

shania-twain-billboard-women-in-music-20

Wrapped up in a shady tortilla

Last Edited By: Kevon Jun 15 17 5:02 AM. Edited 1 time.

Quote    Reply   

Kevon

Administrator

#24 [url]

Jun 15 17 9:02 AM

It looks like fillers to me. They seem to give you bigger cheeks like that. It's not overly obvious though and she looks good for it. But it looks like similar work to Brandi, just done better and more subtly than hers

Quote    Reply   

BeyondIdolization

May we always be together...
In the sands of time

#25 [url]

Jun 15 17 3:28 PM

Obvious fillers. Except for the excessive roundness, you can also tell from her right cheek in that pic, the smile line of the cheek gets a bit uneven/irregular which happens with fillers.

Quote    Reply   

Kevon

Administrator

#27 [url]

Jun 16 17 2:26 AM

It's a bit sleep sleep. My problem with country music is it just doesn't seem to change or evolve like most other genres. This doesn't sound any different from the stuff she was putting out 15 years ago.

Quote    Reply   

#28 [url]

Jun 16 17 11:00 AM

I hear the Anastacia as well, I find her tone much more aggressive now and not in a pleasant way. I can't imagine her singing songs like "Still The One" or "From This Moment" with that voice.

I don’t want no cake on my birthday, errday errrday.

Quote    Reply   

Brazilian X Man

Fine, fresh, fierce
We got it on lock
and we'll melt your popsicle

#29 [url]

Jun 16 17 12:16 PM

I don't like it either. To me it sounds like she has a potato on her mouth while singing. I remember it was the same with Whitney Houston on her last album.

Quote    Reply   

Brazilian X Man

Fine, fresh, fierce
We got it on lock

#31 [url]

Jun 17 17 5:43 PM

That is much better than what was chosen for the first single. Anyway, is she playbacking or singing on top of a heavy back track?

Quote    Reply   

BeyondIdolization

In the sands of time

#32 [url]

Jun 17 17 7:22 PM

She sounds awful even with all the trickery of the studio version. This reminds me of Whitney's "comeback" where it's just embarrassing. Sad.

Quote    Reply   

Gospelartist03

#33 [url]

Jun 17 17 9:09 PM

leave my nippy alone😛. But you have a point obviously they took different paths but at the core its the struggle of going out on top or being labeled a quitter after ur 40's. It also explains why she took so long just like Whitney, they are basically dragged back into the game by their fans and labels. Its kind of a damned if you do or dont situation.

I think its too early to label this a mistake though, Shania has easier back catalog to sing and this album will get her back on the road and her voice could improve and lets not forget the $$

Quote    Reply   

Kevon

Administrator

#35 [url]

Jun 19 17 7:26 AM

Gospelartist03 wrote:
leave my nippy alone😛. But you have a point obviously they took different paths but at the core its the struggle of going out on top or being labeled a quitter after ur 40's. It also explains why she took so long just like Whitney, they are basically dragged back into the game by their fans and labels. Its kind of a damned if you do or dont situation.

I think its too early to label this a mistake though, Shania has easier back catalog to sing and this album will get her back on the road and her voice could improve and lets not forget the $$

Yeah I am sure Whitney she was largely pressured into releasing ILTY for financial reasons. Come back with an album, opportunity to do some damage control with her image and that she is "clean", but really she just wanted to disappear from the fame world completely.

Quote    Reply   

BeyondIdolization

In the sands of time

#36 [url]

Jun 19 17 9:04 AM

^Whitney was contractually obligated to release an album. She had signed a new deal in the early 00s and had only released one album under it. Her label could've sued her had she refused to release more albums.

Quote    Reply   

Brazilian X Man

Fine, fresh, fierce
We got it on lock

#37 [url]

Jun 19 17 3:44 PM

If I am not mistaken, Shania owes a big sheep farm in New Zealand. Singing and songwriting are not her only sources of income, probably not even the main one. So I don't know, there is a contract but probably she wanted to release this album. She seemms commited as well.

Quote    Reply   

BeyondIdolization

In the sands of time

#38 [url]

Jun 19 17 4:26 PM

^I don't know when she re-signed with Mercury, but considering Up! was her 4th album followed by a GH - which was a standard record deal back then - it's safe to say that she subsequently signed a brand new deal with them for however many more albums. So she'd have to buy out her contract which is very costly. I think she needs the money to some degree or she wouldn't have toured in recent years.

Quote    Reply   

Gospelartist03

#39 [url]

Jun 19 17 11:01 PM

The Tour
Twain embarked on her final tour in 2015; it was her first North American tour in 11 years, but she decided that she was finished with that aspect of her career.
“I just feel like I’m ready to hang my hat up in that regard,” she says. “I just really want to go out with a bang.”
Now, however, Twain says that she’s reconsidering. She feels as though her “final” tour “kind of ended too soon,” 

as it was routed around her son’s school schedule. He’s her priority, but once he needs less of Twain’s time, she’ll likely hit the road again.
“I felt like at that time maybe that was all I had left in me. I really felt that way,” Twain says, “but I was so energized by the tour and by the fans. 
 For the first time in my career, I really felt like it was easier and the fans really gave me more than ever before for some reason.”

Read More: Everything We Know About Shania Twain's New Album | http://theboot.com/shania-twain-new-album-2017/?trackback=tsmclip

Sounds a Lot like CHER

Quote    Reply   

Kevon

Administrator

#40 [url]

Jun 20 17 3:57 AM

^I was thinking that when I read Why would you say anything in absolutes like that, she's only 50-odd, can you really say with ABSOLUTE certainty that you are never going to tour again?

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help