Remove this ad

avatar

Brazilian X Man

Posts: 10,295

Fine, fresh, fierce
We got it on lock
and we'll melt your popsicle

#14121 [url]

Mariah performed OOC at a private concert in Austria

https://www.instagram.com/p/BVc95U6n3fn/

It is easy to find clips of other songs, but she doesn't sound good, and with that uninterested audience, it is hard to say if she is trying or not, or accuse her of not trying.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#14122 [url]

Aah, it's such a shame our countries have slept on her, @DodecagonYT and @Hakeem!

@Brazilian X Man - Thanks for the info! I never knew that her songs were used in soap operas, and that that's how she became well-known there, so fun! image



__    __    __    __    __    __    __    __    __    __    __    __    __    __

Charmbracelet is my favorite MC album. DEAL WIT IT

Quote    Reply   

#14126 [url]

Hmmm looks like she is back to The Elusive Chanteuse Show weight. I was lucky to see her really up close during the show in Malaysia, and she was pretty huge and I thought she was really pregnant again. LOL... but her face was really pretty & flawless as always, but her mid section... like bloated.

And btw she was singging Always be my Baby (encore) and she did it all live, and it was really really bad like she was struggling imo, but I so happy to see her up close i coudn't care less haha...

Quote    Reply   

#14127 [url]

It amazes me how fast she seemingly can gain and lose weight. it's like she balloons, then drops 20 lbs overnight. She looks great at any weight though- would look a lot better at this weight if she'd shift her style a bit to fit her body. its like she squeezes a super small spanx or girdle on and slaps on the same dress she wears when lighter- which may explain her sounding out of breath and not her best. 

Quote    Reply   
avatar

Brazilian X Man

Posts: 10,295

Fine, fresh, fierce
We got it on lock
and we'll melt your popsicle

#14128 [url]

FluffyP13 wrote:
It amazes me how fast she seemingly can gain and lose weight. it's like she balloons, then drops 20 lbs overnight. She looks great at any weight though- would look a lot better at this weight if she'd shift her style a bit to fit her body. its like she squeezes a super small spanx or girdle on and slaps on the same dress she wears when lighter- which may explain her sounding out of breath and not her best. 

Mariah has been wearing corsets to give her a waist for years now.

I don't think she gains and loses weight fast. Her instagram pictures are photoshoped to death. That is why one days she looks slim and then on the next day she looks huge.

Quote    Reply   

#14129 [url]

Brazilian X Man wrote:
FluffyP13 wrote:
It amazes me how fast she seemingly can gain and lose weight. it's like she balloons, then drops 20 lbs overnight. She looks great at any weight though- would look a lot better at this weight if she'd shift her style a bit to fit her body. its like she squeezes a super small spanx or girdle on and slaps on the same dress she wears when lighter- which may explain her sounding out of breath and not her best. 

Mariah has been wearing corsets to give her a waist for years now.

I don't think she gains and loses weight fast. Her instagram pictures are photoshoped to death. That is why one days she looks slim and then on the next day she looks huge.


Exactly.

Quote    Reply   

#14130 [url]

Brazilian X Man wrote:
Limelord wrote:
Greetings from Croatia! image
Now I don't think I have to ask you where you are from, because that is evident from your username image I have the impression that she is rather popular in Brazil, given the 10+ weeks at number one that 'I Want To Know What Love Is' achieved there. I hope to one day visit Brazil, since I am a student of Portuguese. What do you think, might I in that case stumble upon some Mariah fans? image

I hereby conclude this long-a*s wall of text. Sorry, y'all!


I Want to Know What Love Is spent 27 weeks at #1, but mainly because it was one of the theme songs of a popular prime time soap opera. But Mariah is a big name here. Music Box is her biggest selling album here, and Hero and Without You remain as two signature hits. I think I remember Can't Let Go and Sent From Up Above on soap operas as well, but I have never found any proof. Mariah's peak as a celebrity here happened in 1999. She came here to promote Rainbow and went on a lot of tv shows and that is when people noticed really noticed here. Do You Know Where You're Going To was already a hit for being on another prime time soap opera and then she appeared here and Heartbreaker and Against All Odds were everywhere. Even when Glitter was bombing everywhere I remember listening to Never Too Far on the radio a lot. This is something we were talking about on the Taylor Swift thread. She is going to release her 6th album now, but she is a really fresh face on Pop so there is no burnout. Same for Mariah back in 1999. The US was tired of her, but she was fresh here. TEOM and Touch My Body were also big for her here . I think Brazil has a lot of fans, and even message boards dedicated to her, you can probably find one or two on Google.

I haven't heard of that. By the way, you forgot to mention "Vision of Love" which was a theme song of a popular 90s soap opera called "Rainha da Sucata":





Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
avatar

mcfan

Posts: 34,687

#Beautiful

#14131 [url]

Brazilian X Man wrote:
Mariah performed OOC at a private concert in Austria

https://www.instagram.com/p/BVc95U6n3fn/

It is easy to find clips of other songs, but she doesn't sound good, and with that uninterested audience, it is hard to say if she is trying or not, or accuse her of not trying.

Yeah she looks pretty big and she sounds tired and out of breath. 

  
  

Quote    Reply   
avatar

therooftop

Posts: 1,761 Chillin' at FOMM

#14139 [url]

A lot of it depends on presence though. While she did not sound that bad, she looked like she was struggling. Whitney (RIP) used to talk-sing through her songs but still praise cause she was so confident. Mariah is more confident when she's in shape so hopefully loses a bit and prepares for ATH tour and Vegas. The public still expects a lot from Mariah and if she's doing these performances (even these random ones), she best give it 100% or not do them at all.


Quote    Reply   
avatar

Kevon

Administrator

Posts: 40,106 'Showing receipts and offering seats'

#14140 [url]

Yeah I'm not a weight-obsessed fan, but one thing that I do notice is that when she puts on weight, her confidence is affected. She becomes stiff and uncomfortable looking. Compare to how she looked on the SSFT, she had a lot of energy, and that charisma improves the overall energy of the performance.



Wrapped up in a shady tortilla

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help