Jun 14 17 9:48 PM

Odd that none of those other celebs managers decided to jump in the pic

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

Kevon

Administrator

#14102 [url]

Jun 15 17 6:05 AM

Jessica Simpson had a cute exchange, she posted a picture of her daughter with lyrics to Butterfly. Mariah liked it and Jessica posted "OMG my idol @MariahCarey just liked my tweet! 🦋💚"

Wrapped up in a shady tortilla

Quote    Reply   

Kevon

Administrator

#14104 [url]

Jun 16 17 7:26 AM

I like this channel a lot but they really go extra on the videos about Mariah lipping. I get that we're not delusional fans, but constantly promoting it to people who probably don't know the extent of it seems like a silly thing to do as a fan

Quote    Reply   

mcfan

#Beautiful

#14105 [url]

Jun 16 17 8:20 AM

^ Okay? They do the most with this lipping mess. Saline's stans are delusional, but at least they don't promote the lipping debacle.

Like these other videos:

Who goes as far as pointing out lipping in Mariah's prime? Come on!

Last Edited By: mcfan Jun 16 17 8:27 AM. Edited 1 time.

Quote    Reply   

#14108 [url]

Jun 16 17 10:35 AM

Kevon wrote:
^That's so cool! Gyal is more in tune with the pop gerls that she would have Andy Cohen believe laugh.gif

I made a list of the songs Mariah "ad-libbed" during the charity event:

-       La Bamba

-       Can’t Touch This

-       Dancing Queen

-       If a Man Loves a Woman

-       ????

-       I Kissed A Girl

Does anyone know what's the song I'm missing? Jamie Foxx guessed it but I can't understand what he says.

I don’t want no cake on my birthday, errday errrday.

Quote    Reply   

Kevon

Administrator

#14110 [url]

Jun 16 17 12:20 PM

Yeah I mean it's fine having a discussion on a private board, but video after video essentially giving haters a pile of ammo and handing her a$$ on a platter is not "fan" behavior. Even if you do put "This is not a hate video" in the title

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#14111 [url]

Jun 16 17 12:51 PM

As 'exposing' as those videos are, I still prefer them over some videos made by delusional fans. That person obviously loves Mariah, otherwise they wouldn't be churning out new videos about her every day. Unfortunately, lip-syncing fails are now a reality with Mariah, so she had better come through with the music and albums she has been teasing, so that person has something worthwhile to work on. On the other hand, haters need to chill and pay her more respect! (yeah, I know, it doesn't work that way)

On an unrelated note, today I heard 'Love Takes Time' on the radio, which wouldn't be unusual in itself, but that Mariah isn't really popular where I come from, as far as I know. Still, nothing can surprise me anymore after I heard 'Someday' about a year ago in a mall here. image

__    __    __    __    __    __    __    __    __    __    __    __    __    __

Charmbracelet is my favorite MC album. DEAL WIT IT

Quote    Reply   

Kevon

Administrator

#14112 [url]

Jun 16 17 1:14 PM

Oh yeah the person is a dedicated fan, I don't dispute, and as a fan they are interesting to watch, I just don't get why something that has plagued Mariah with negativity (her lipping), they are cherry picking and highlighting - us non delusional fans know when she is lipping, this is just drawing more attention to something she already gets bashed for a lot

Quote    Reply   

#14113 [url]

Jun 16 17 3:04 PM

I suppose you're quite right. There is no real need for these vids to exist, and as you've remarked, they can only produce deleterious effects.

Nevertheless, I wish Mariah adjusted her songs so that she wouldn't have to lip as much. We all know she's creative, I bet she could make something work.

__    __    __    __    __    __    __    __    __    __    __    __    __    __

Last Edited By: Limelord Jun 16 17 6:26 PM. Edited 1 time.

Quote    Reply   

Brazilian X Man

Fine, fresh, fierce
We got it on lock
and we'll melt your popsicle

#14114 [url]

Jun 16 17 4:46 PM

Limelord wrote:
On an unrelated note, today I heard 'Love Takes Time' on the radio, which wouldn't be unusual in itself, but that Mariah isn't really popular where I come from, as far as I know. Still, nothing can surprise me anymore after I heard 'Someday' about a year ago in a mall here. image

Where are you from?

Quote    Reply   

#14115 [url]

Jun 16 17 6:23 PM

Greetings from Croatia! image
I'm sure most Croatians would know who Mariah is, and just like in the USA, there cannot be a Christmas season without 'AIWFCIY,' it's just that I don't think I've ever met an actual fellow fan, and she's not that often on TV, for example -- even on talent shows her songs are seldom performed!? image
Now granted, I wasn't
even born when Mariah was in her prime commercially, but if you'd asked me not more than six short years ago to enumerate as many MC songs as I could, I probably would've only thought of 'Without You,' 'Hero,' 'We Belong Together,' 'AIWFCIY' and 'When You Believe.' I also had a mixtape like 10 years ago which had 'Get Your Number,' but I don't think I knew it was an MC song.
The point is, I assume most people my age (around 20 years old) are like that here - most probably wouldn't know more than 2 or 3 of her songs. I guess she never quite reached that level of fame like Michael Jackson, Madonna, or even P!nk and Bruno Mars (to name a couple of more recent singers), though, once again, things might have been different in the 90s. But at that time, dance/hip hop music, electronica and europop were all the rage here, so IDK. image Be as it may, she certainly has influenced some Croatian pop/RnB singers.

Jeez, I've been rambling for so long; I can be so very garrulous! image

Now I don't think I have to ask you where you are from, because that is evident from your username image I have the impression that she is rather popular in Brazil, given the 10+ weeks at number one that 'I Want To Know What Love Is' achieved there. I hope to one day visit Brazil, since I am a student of Portuguese. What do you think, might I in that case stumble upon some Mariah fans? image

I hereby conclude this long-a*s wall of text. Sorry, y'all!

Quote    Reply   

#14116 [url]

Jun 17 17 4:34 AM

It's the same here in Greece.

Greetings from Greece everyone...

Mariah's songs are not performed that much here either, just 3 - 4 times in total in talent shows. I also was not alive during the 90's to know what was going on here. But all my family knows her, but doesn't like her at all for some reason. My dad is the only one that likes her in this house apart from me, because she had performed with Luciano Pavarotti in 1999. Most of my family prefers Christina (EW REALLY), which is total BS. Her new songs after #Beautiful have charted here, even I Don't reached ITunes #1. She also visited Greece in September of 2016. That's about it.

Quote    Reply   

#14117 [url]

Jun 17 17 11:06 AM

Well, Peru has always given Mariah the "I don't know her" treatment. Even in her prime I don't think many people listened to her and radio definitely DID NOT play her (not even now, not even the old hits).

I don’t want no cake on my birthday, errday errrday.

Quote    Reply   

Brazilian X Man

Fine, fresh, fierce
We got it on lock

#14118 [url]

Jun 17 17 1:08 PM

Limelord wrote:
Now I don't think I have to ask you where you are from, because that is evident from your username image I have the impression that she is rather popular in Brazil, given the 10+ weeks at number one that 'I Want To Know What Love Is' achieved there. I hope to one day visit Brazil, since I am a student of Portuguese. What do you think, might I in that case stumble upon some Mariah fans? image

I Want to Know What Love Is spent 27 weeks at #1, but mainly because it was one of the theme songs of a popular prime time soap opera. But Mariah is a big name here. Music Box is her biggest selling album here, and Hero and Without You remain as two signature hits. I think I remember Can't Let Go and Sent From Up Above on soap operas as well, but I have never found any proof. Mariah's peak as a celebrity here happened in 1999. She came here to promote Rainbow and went on a lot of tv shows and that is when people noticed really noticed here. Do You Know Where You're Going To was already a hit for being on another prime time soap opera and then she appeared here and Heartbreaker and Against All Odds were everywhere. Even when Glitter was bombing everywhere I remember listening to Never Too Far on the radio a lot. This is something we were talking about on the Taylor Swift thread. She is going to release her 6th album now, but she is a really fresh face on Pop so there is no burnout. Same for Mariah back in 1999. The US was tired of her, but she was fresh here. TEOM and Touch My Body were also big for her here . I think Brazil has a lot of fans, and even message boards dedicated to her, you can probably find one or two on Google.

Quote    Reply   

hottiecasanova

"You think that's sexy? With the Rocket Pop's outside you?"

#14119 [url]

Jun 17 17 1:28 PM

Brazilian X Man wrote:
Limelord wrote:

I Want to Know What Love Is spent 27 weeks at #1, but mainly because it was one of the theme songs of a popular prime time soap opera. But Mariah is a big name here. Music Box is her biggest selling album here, and Hero and Without You remain as two signature hits. I think I remember Can't Let Go and Sent From Up Above on soap operas as well, but I have never found any proof. Mariah's peak as a celebrity here happened in 1999. She came here to promote Rainbow and went on a lot of tv shows and that is when people noticed really noticed here. Do You Know Where You're Going To was already a hit for being on another prime time soap opera and then she appeared here and Heartbreaker and Against All Odds were everywhere. Even when Glitter was bombing everywhere I remember listening to Never Too Far on the radio a lot. This is something we were talking about on the Taylor Swift thread. She is going to release her 6th album now, but she is a really fresh face on Pop so there is no burnout. Same for Mariah back in 1999. The US was tired of her, but she was fresh here. TEOM and Touch My Body were also big for her here . I think Brazil has a lot of fans, and even message boards dedicated to her, you can probably find one or two on Google.
Rainbow is her best selling album there, not Music Box. 

Quote    Reply   

Brazilian X Man

Fine, fresh, fierce
We got it on lock

#14120 [url]

Jun 17 17 5:37 PM

Thanks! I am not sure about her sales here.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help