Remove this ad

mcfan

#Beautiful

#301 [url]

Jun 11 17 1:28 PM

breakbreakdown wrote:
Oh that's similar to what Rihanna did. Or Gaga. I don't know, I can't keep up with these girls that give away their (#1) albums.

It was Madonna. 

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

breakbreakdown

#302 [url]

Jun 11 17 1:42 PM

On Katy apologizing to Taylor: what a PR move. Now that she saw Swish Swish won't go nowhere and that Taylor will put her into shade any time any day, this was the clever thing to do (hopefully it will prevent another diss track from Taylor and if she does it, she will be seen as the prettiest one). Too sad she didn't see this coming, it would be the best thing to do before releasing the diss track 3 years after the incident. She and Taylor are just two shallow petty beings, the only difference is that Katy has somehow "lost" it while Taylor is a master in what she does. The silence treatment she gave Kanye was the best thing to do and probably she learned her lesson.

Last Edited By: breakbreakdown Jun 11 17 1:55 PM. Edited 2 times.

Quote    Reply   

Nike

Posts: 12,129 We're all just living in the moment of being positive and there's like, people called haters ... [No, no, Cindy] ... and we give them positivity

#303 [url]

Jun 12 17 7:21 AM

I love this album

Quote    Reply   

breakbreakdown

#304 [url]

Jun 12 17 12:21 PM

And the train wreck continues: now she apologizes for the cultural appropriation done in the past. I have to say, her promotional antics for this new album come off as pathetically desperate. She's trying too hard, doing things to please everybody, that it all rubs off as artificial. I hope she strips away all that pretense and insecurity, and finds herself again soon.

Quote    Reply   

kittykow105

#305 [url]

Jun 12 17 1:10 PM

I didn't find her apology desperate. I think her meeting with Deray McKesson (especially him, considering he helps lead the Black Lives Matter movement) showed humility. She is obviously going through something. If anyone watched her therapy session, it was apparent. I'm only a few weeks older than Katy and I can completely understand from the perspective of a 32 year old, regardless of being famous or not, the emotional sh*t show I've become. I think the mess with this era has purely been the single choices and her performances.

Quote    Reply   

Kevon

Administrator

#306 [url]

Jun 13 17 5:45 AM

I haven't watched it, did she really do a therapy session and stream it live for the world? That's bizarre.

Wrapped up in a shady tortilla

Quote    Reply   

Brazilian X Man

Fine, fresh, fierce
We got it on lock
and we'll melt your popsicle

#309 [url]

Jun 13 17 3:50 PM

kittykow105 wrote:
I didn't find her apology desperate. I think her meeting with Deray McKesson (especially him, considering he helps lead the Black Lives Matter movement) showed humility.

I agree. I don't think it was desperate, she was obviously trying something (that may have not worked really well)

Quote    Reply   

Brazilian X Man

Fine, fresh, fierce
We got it on lock

#310 [url]

Jun 14 17 9:13 AM

Sales predictions in the US were lowered to something around 180k. #5 on UK midweeks.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

mcfan

#Beautiful

#311 [url]

Jun 14 17 9:32 AM

Between apologising to Taylor and now performing "Swish Swish" with different lyrics to praise her, she's lost my respect completely.

Bye Titty!

Quote    Reply   

mcfan

#Beautiful

#312 [url]

Jun 14 17 9:33 AM

Brazilian X Man wrote:
Sales predictions in the US were lowered to something around 180k. #5 on UK midweeks.
Katy Perry (Capitol) 180-195k SPS, 160-175k albums

Quote    Reply   

Kevon

Administrator

#313 [url]

Jun 14 17 10:16 AM

She did what now? Lame. She looks a fool kicking up this stink then back tracking meanwhile Taylor stays mute.

Quote    Reply   

#314 [url]

Jun 14 17 11:16 AM

This is officially a train wreck. I hope she doesn't have a nervous breakdown but it sure seems she is heading that way. I can't believe her team is approving all this, she must have gone rogue.

I don’t want no cake on my birthday, errday errrday.

Quote    Reply   

Brazilian X Man

Fine, fresh, fierce
We got it on lock

#315 [url]

Jun 14 17 11:54 AM

The reviews this album is getting....

http://pitchfork.com/news/sufjan-stevens-on-katy-perrys-new-album-lord-jesus-have-mercy/

Sufjan Stevens on Katy Perry’s New Album: “Lord Jesus Have Mercy”

“And y‘all thought it was weird when I wrote, ‘Tuesday night at the Bible study.’”

Sufjan Stevens has shared his thoughts on Katy Perry’s recently released album Witness. On his Tumblr page, he wrote about a line in her new song “Déjà Vu” where she sings, “Your words are like Chinese water torture.” “LORD HAVE MERCY,” Stevens responded in all caps. He drew comparisons to her lyricism and his line in “Casimir Pulaski Day,” off 2005’s Illinois. “And y’all thought it was weird when I wrote, ‘Tuesday night at the Bible study,’” he stated, adding that he and Perry were probably at the same Bible study. “I love this world,” he wrote. The title of the piece is “ALL RESPECT ALL CAPS.”

Quote    Reply   

carlos b fly

Administrator

#317 [url]

Jun 15 17 8:01 AM

Hakeem wrote:
This is officially a train wreck. I hope she doesn't have a nervous breakdown but it sure seems she is heading that way. I can't believe her team is approving all this, she must have gone rogue.

Yeah, this isn't looking good. Apparently she took a complete gamble on this album musically, didn't even let the label listen to it until it was done. I think Katy's very much leading the train on this and it isn't in a good direction. 

Quote    Reply   

Kevon

Administrator

#318 [url]

Jun 15 17 9:01 AM

Is it that different from her last album? I haven't listened to either but it just seemed on a quick spin like a watered down version of what she's done before.

It's weird because conceptually the first single's campaign and video was quite striking. Just the song wasn't strong enough. But it was strong enough to support a strong follow up single. But since then it's been so messy.

Quote    Reply   

Brazilian X Man

Fine, fresh, fierce
We got it on lock

#319 [url]

Jun 15 17 11:08 AM

Kevon wrote:
Is it that different from her last album? I haven't listened to either but it just seemed on a quick spin like a watered down version of what she's done before.

It's weird because conceptually the first single's campaign and video was quite striking. Just the song wasn't strong enough. But it was strong enough to support a strong follow up single. But since then it's been so messy.

Yes, it is different from her last album. Her songs used to be really catchy and have really strong hooks. The album tracks have always been bad, but Prism also had good songs that were not released: Legendary Lovers, Walking On Air. Witness doesn't even have singles to be released.

Quote    Reply   

Kevon

Administrator

#320 [url]

Jun 15 17 11:12 AM

I mean in terms of genre/style. It sounds similar vein to me but like I said, watered down (i.e. lacking the punch/hooks etc that her previous work had like you said).

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help