Remove this ad

#281 [url]

Jun 9 17 5:45 PM

Power and Save As Draft are the best songs on the album. I'll download those two and keep it moving.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

Gospelartist03

#285 [url]

Jun 9 17 9:01 PM

Yea crazy she was selected But in all fairness she put on a good show with some help and it happend at the perfect time for her. And I think shes the only one that was able to open her HT set with her two most current singles cause they were massive.

Quote    Reply   

Brazilian X Man

Fine, fresh, fierce
We got it on lock
and we'll melt your popsicle

#286 [url]

Jun 10 17 1:41 PM

I don't see the problem with Katy performing at the Super Bowl half time. She was a massive superstar during the Teenage Dream and Prism eras and put together a very good show

Quote    Reply   

hottiecasanova

"You think that's sexy? With the Rocket Pop's outside you?"

#288 [url]

Jun 10 17 4:32 PM

Brazilian X Man wrote:
I don't see the problem with Katy performing at the Super Bowl half time. She was a massive superstar during the Teenage Dream and Prism eras and put together a very good show

THIS. Lady Gaga chosen YEARS after her peak was stranger, but y'all stan so whatever. smiley: grin

Quote    Reply   

carlos b fly

Administrator

#289 [url]

Jun 10 17 6:21 PM

Brazilian X Man wrote:

Yeah, it certainly wasn't a bad performance by any means. By no means the best but she was hardly a flop and deserved the platform.

Quote    Reply   

#290 [url]

Jun 10 17 6:35 PM

HITS: WITNESS FOR THE TABULATION

Capitol's Katy Perry will score her third #1 debut on our next SPS chart with Witness. Here’s what we know for now.

Katy Perry (Capitol) 200-225k SPS, 175-200k album

http://m.hitsdailydouble.com/news&id=306962

[USERNAME REMOVED BY REQUEST] wrote:
Mariah Carey On Rihanna: "I love Rihanna, I am a fan. I love that she is who she is, she's a superstar and she just lives as herself."

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

Gospelartist03

#293 [url]

Jun 10 17 9:52 PM

seanjonmc wrote:
HITS: WITNESS FOR THE TABULATION

Capitol's Katy Perry will score her third #1 debut on our next SPS chart with Witness. Here’s what we know for now.

Katy Perry (Capitol) 200-225k SPS, 175-200k album

http://m.hitsdailydouble.com/news&id=306962
WOW that is a great number. I didn't see this coming so good for her not totally capsizing her brand.   I think her youtube live stream and full on commitment during the release helped a good deal and maybe her invoking taylor also helped get her fanbase behind her to prove a point.  either way impressive debut, now the album itself though smiley: grin   Miss you more, power and chained to the rhythm are the only tracks I use so far. 

Quote    Reply   

hottiecasanova

"You think that's sexy? With the Rocket Pop's outside you?"

#294 [url]

Jun 10 17 10:35 PM

I actually think the album is really decent, better than PRISM, anyhow. If you don't like dance music or 90's throwbacks you won't use it, but I think it's strong. The singles (and slower songs of course) are the weakest tracks, even though every one of them have grown on me at this point, especially CTTR.

Quote    Reply   

Brazilian X Man

Fine, fresh, fierce
We got it on lock

#297 [url]

Jun 11 17 8:08 AM

I think those numbers show that Katy is in fact an estabilished pop star, she is selling those albums based on her name alone, considering there is no hit single now and reviews are mostly bad.

Quote    Reply   

breakbreakdown

#298 [url]

Jun 11 17 10:56 AM

Isn't she giving tour tickets with the album? Anyway, I fear the second week sales is going to have huge plummet (around 60+% decrease). She was never a good seller with the radio hits, I can't imagine without them.

Funny enough, all three singles have grown on me. I love CTTR - it would have been a sure #1 had it been released as a first single in 2013, it's typical formulaic Katy Perry, just missing the brown hair. Bon Appetit is insanely catchy (and different) after a few listens, I love her whispering voice chorus and the "oup" that precedes it is equally catchy. Swish Swish follows the same line, yesterday I had the "swish swish bish/another one in the basket/can't touch this/another one in the casket" stuck in my brain. Yes, it sounds like she wants to invent the next gay lingo... but still

The rest of the album didn't do much for me, but I guess I need to listen to it a couple more times (I'm kinda enjoying 1989 better 🐍). Anyway, had she kept her fake cute persona and the brown hair, I guess this era would have turned out differently. She had a major campaign behind it, it's insane.

Quote    Reply   

Brazilian X Man

Fine, fresh, fierce
We got it on lock

#299 [url]

Jun 11 17 12:03 PM

breakbreakdown wrote:
Isn't she giving tour tickets with the album? Anyway, I fear the second week sales is going to have huge plummet (around 60+% decrease). She was never a good seller with the radio hits, I can't imagine without them.

More like the opposite, she is giving away album copies with tour tickets

Quote    Reply   

breakbreakdown

#300 [url]

Jun 11 17 1:09 PM

Oh that's similar to what Rihanna did. Or Gaga. I don't know, I can't keep up with these girls that give away their (#1) albums.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help