Remove this ad

#761 [url]

May 4 17 5:45 PM

OK. It's because I read rumors that another (spanish) artist (Alejandro Sanz) does asteroids to keep a good voice, and he used to be a little skinnier. But, anyway....

Can't wait for the new single!!!! I'm among the few ones that LOOOOVE I Don't (if it's any indication. Who knows?) .... And more The Art Of Letting Go's pleaaasee!  smiley: pimp And some killer singles smiley: smokin

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

Kevon

Administrator

#762 [url]

May 5 17 4:19 AM

BeyondIdolization wrote:
Kevon wrote:

I mean I'm taking a steroid nasal spray for a persistent runny nose at the moment laugh.gif

ORLY?

tumblr_od5rxgNk6j1vrjwbvo2_500.gif
dorit-house-is-a-coke-den.gif?w=685

Wrapped up in a shady tortilla

Quote    Reply   

#764 [url]

May 11 17 4:33 PM

RE:

hottiecasanova wrote:
LA is out at Epic, Sylvia is probably next.... http://variety.com/2017/music/news/la-reid-exits-sony-music-epic-records-1202423198/

Who is Sylvia

Quote    Reply   

hottiecasanova

"You think that's sexy? With the Rocket Pop's outside you?"

#765 [url]

May 11 17 4:38 PM

MIAMTEC wrote:
hottiecasanova wrote:
LA is out at Epic, Sylvia is probably next.... http://variety.com/2017/music/news/la-reid-exits-sony-music-epic-records-1202423198/

Who is Sylvia
Sylvia Rhone, the president of the label and a major fan of Mariah's. She was one of the biggest contenders to sign her in the 2000 bidding war between Virgin and Clive Davis while she was with Warner Bros.

Quote    Reply   

hottiecasanova

#767 [url]

May 11 17 5:44 PM

mcfan wrote:
Welp.. so is Mariah's label then.

I don't think so, why would the CEO sign off on this just to squash it a month later?

Quote    Reply   

#768 [url]

May 11 17 5:50 PM

RE:

mcfan wrote:

No, I think part of the reason her label was announced recently was to show that there will be stability even when he leaves

Quote    Reply   

#769 [url]

May 11 17 6:13 PM

Not gonna lie this makes me nervous about where Mariah stands at Sony and how much they will support her New Album and Label! Sometimes things like this are a blessing in disguise though. I mean what did L.A do for Mariah's career for the past 2 years she's been at Sony ? Even #1 to Infinity had pretty much 0 Worldwide promo. Maybe the New Team will see what a money maker Mariah can be and treat her as priority which a Legend like her deserves.

Quote    Reply   

Kevon

Administrator

#770 [url]

May 11 17 7:10 PM

We can't just until the album comes out - 12Infinity was a GH album with a few songs tacked on and 1 new track, how much investment is that worth?

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

Brazilian X Man

Fine, fresh, fierce
We got it on lock
and we'll melt your popsicle

#772 [url]

May 12 17 9:10 AM

I think it is hard for us to know what this actually means for Mariah's career, at least until she releases new music.

Quote    Reply   

#773 [url]

May 12 17 11:35 AM

mcfan wrote:

Not even, they been trying to fire L.A. for months. They did the label deal to keep her there. I'm willing to bet that Mariah knew he was getting fired. He wasn't a major player in her label deal.

Quote    Reply   

hottiecasanova

#774 [url]

May 12 17 1:04 PM

MrsIllmatic wrote:
mcfan wrote:

Not even, they been trying to fire L.A. for months. They did the label deal to keep her there. I'm willing to bet that Mariah knew he was getting fired. He wasn't a major player in her label deal.
This is what I'm thinking. Sylvia was mentioned in all the rumors of his firings too. I'm guessing an announcement this afternoon or Monday morning that she's leaving too...

Quote    Reply   

#775 [url]

May 15 17 3:54 PM

There are now some unsavory details about a harassment lawsuit preceding the firing.

Regardless, she's been under LA's watch for long enough this time, and nothing has been fruitful for the entire period. No matter's whose fault that is, both or one or even Stella's, the results speak for themselves so it can't really be bad news at this point. He got her signed after MIAM when nobody else would (which I'm sure she'll always be thankful), but maybe now that she has no ties to someone she feels safe with she'll be forced to lean into keeping her contract alive.

Quote    Reply   

Kevon

Administrator

#776 [url]

May 16 17 4:11 AM

^one thing it could potentially/probably mean I guess is more delays.

Quote    Reply   

#778 [url]

May 16 17 10:56 PM

I hope this next album gives us a complete era even if all the songs flop. Charmbracelet's singles flopped, but we still got several music videos, tv performances, jingle ball appearances, and a tour.

Quote    Reply   

Kevon

Administrator

#779 [url]

May 17 17 3:24 AM

^The problem is there's a lot of cost associated with all the travelling and promo. After a string of flops, there's probably less incentive for them to invest in a global campaign. Having said that, there's still enough interest in her the person for her to always be booked. It's just the investment of doing the rounds.

Quote    Reply   

carlos b fly

Administrator

#780 [url]

May 17 17 8:33 AM

Kevon wrote:
^The problem is there's a lot of cost associated with all the travelling and promo. After a string of flops, there's probably less incentive for them to invest in a global campaign. 

This is an issue. A mate of mine worked at Universal and said the costs to bring Mariah and her massive entourage to the UK for TEOM promo nearly eclipsed the money they made from the trip smiley: laugh Promo for any international artist is costly. They can't exactly put Mariah and her team on cattle class flights and a Travelodge. 

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help