Remove this ad

carlos b fly

Administrator

#601 [url]

Apr 19 17 2:35 PM

BeyondIdolization wrote:
Migrate90 wrote:
Mariah10Carey88 wrote:
I really believe an album full of songs from Mariahs most popular years would sell a lot more than an album made in 2017 that has a bunch of Infinitys and I Donts.

I get your point. 

If she were to release an album full of cast-offs from her pre-Rainbow albums, without even letting it known that they are in fact old cast-offs, it would do better than a 2017 album with several "Infinity"s and "I Don't"s on it. Or let's put it this way, it's not like it would be a gargantuan success, but it would DEFINITELY sell more than an album made in 2017 that has a bunch of "Infinity"s and "I Don't"s. 

Between songs like "Infamous," "Infinity" and "I Don't," Mariah's very latest music is lousy, to put it mildly, AND it bombs to top it all off. So, releasing music from her popular years, even if it's tracks that weren't considered up-to-par enough to make an album, it's for sure miles better in quality compared to sh!t like "I Don't" AND you're guaranteed more units sold.

As for that song, "Panic The City," that Shawn tweeted about—I bet it's not remotely resembling an actual dance song; my guess is most people would think of "Meteorite" when they think of an original Mariah dance song. I bet Shawn, like JD (and Mariah herself tbh) considers songs like "Migrate," "It's Like That," or Janet's "So Excited" as dance songs.

We have most likely already heard most of what's been completed, and aside from Slipping Away and maybe Sprung, most of them aren't even that great.

This is another of these logic jumps I don't get either - the assumption that all these songs lying around would be any good, adored by the public and not massively dated? Mariah only made good songs back then and only shite ones now? Too much reaching, way too much. In reality, its still an interesting idea but undiscovered tracks/B-side material always has a limited level of interest and its always with the core fanbase of an artist.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#602 [url]

Apr 19 17 2:53 PM

I understand the worry some fans have about the next album being a continuation of the average to poor tracks that she has released since 2015. But the exact same thing happened with "Triumphant". The fanbase went into meltdown, started freaking out thinking the album would be full of the same type of song, stale JD with 4 million rappers. Yet when the album came out, nothing sounded like "Triumphant".

We have no idea of the direction this album will take, who she intends to work with, if it will have a concept. Maybe she has decided to make a standards album for all we know cause of time constraints. I doubt it but to be honest, it wouldn't surprise me if Mariah doesn't know what she wants to do yet either. Point is, I'm not going to base my expectations of what this album will sound like based on 3 stand alone songs. When she goes to work on album, it's a totally different type of process for her and she has always tried to do something relatively new and different and work with some new people every time, with varying degrees of success.

Last Edited By: mimifan09 Apr 19 17 2:56 PM. Edited 1 time.

Quote    Reply   

#603 [url]

Apr 19 17 3:00 PM

MIAM is a classic body of work and easily her top 5 best albums she's ever made. I refuse to live in this lie that it's an "average" album when Mariah and average don't go together.
Yall will look back on it in 10 years (much like Glitter) and realize that it was great.

Quote    Reply   

BeyondIdolization

May we always be together...
In the sands of time

#604 [url]

Apr 19 17 3:02 PM

mimifan09 wrote:
I understand the worry some fans have about the next album being a continuation of the average to poor tracks that she has released since 2015. But the exact same thing happened with "Triumphant". The fanbase went into meltdown, started freaking out thinking the album would be full of the same type of song, stale JD with 4 million rappers. Yet when the album came out, nothing sounded like "Triumphant".

That's a good point. Add to that TAOLG which received a lukewarm response at best. I think all of us were a bit concerned at that point. But then came #B which totally reignited fan buzz again.

Quote    Reply   

BeyondIdolization

In the sands of time

#605 [url]

Apr 19 17 3:05 PM

MIAMTEC wrote:
MIAM is a classic body of work and easily her top 5 best albums she's ever made. I refuse to live in this lie that it's an "average" album when Mariah and average don't go together.
Yall will look back on it in 10 years (much like Glitter) and realize that it was great.

I think that most fans would agree that at least as far as post-00s albums go, MIAM and TEOM are her two strongest efforts (I'm talking about real fans who listen to the music here, not the fake chart-obsessed ones).

Quote    Reply   

Kevon

Administrator

#606 [url]

Apr 19 17 3:07 PM

TAOLG was the biggest headscratcher of them all, how she or her team could have thought that song should have launched the album or campaign is so confusing

It's a shame because if she had kept it as an album track I wouldn't have minded, and I loved the original idea of her album being called 'The Art of Letting Go' since it kind of spoke to the end of her marriage and her moving on - it would have been the first time in a long time than I haven't been like 'WTF' at a Mariah album title

Wrapped up in a shady tortilla

Quote    Reply   

BeyondIdolization

In the sands of time

#607 [url]

Apr 19 17 3:17 PM

^TAOLG was a great album title, but imo the song is just terrible. I still wish she would've named the album that though even if the song was left off.

Quote    Reply   

#608 [url]

Apr 19 17 3:27 PM

RE:

Kevon wrote:
TAOLG was the biggest headscratcher of them all, how she or her team could have thought that song should have launched the album or campaign is so confusing

It's a shame because if she had kept it as an album track I wouldn't have minded, and I loved the original idea of her album being called 'The Art of Letting Go' since it kind of spoke to the end of her marriage and her moving on - it would have been the first time in a long time than I haven't been like 'WTF' at a Mariah album title :lol

I don't think TAOLG received any harsh criticism apart from some lambs, I remember the media calling it a back to basics, VOL type of song.
I just want her to be able to put out music without people lazily mirroring it to her previous work. Everything isn't "throwback to 90s mariah". I'm not interested in that, they should let CURRENT Mariah be the center of the conversation.

Quote    Reply   

BeyondIdolization

In the sands of time

#609 [url]

Apr 19 17 3:32 PM

MIAMTEC wrote:
Kevon wrote:

It's a shame because if she had kept it as an album track I wouldn't have minded, and I loved the original idea of her album being called 'The Art of Letting Go' since it kind of spoke to the end of her marriage and her moving on - it would have been the first time in a long time than I haven't been like 'WTF' at a Mariah album title

I don't think TAOLG received any harsh criticism apart from some lambs, I remember the media calling it a back to basics, VOL type of song.

I wasn't "some" lambs, I would say it was about 80% negative reactions, and even the few who liked it thought it was a horrible choice for a single.

Quote    Reply   

#610 [url]

Apr 19 17 3:34 PM

RE:

BeyondIdolization wrote:
MIAMTEC wrote:
Kevon wrote:TAOLG was the biggest headscratcher of them all, how she or her team could have thought that song should have launched the album or campaign is so confusing

It's a shame because if she had kept it as an album track I wouldn't have minded, and I loved the original idea of her album being called 'The Art of Letting Go' since it kind of spoke to the end of her marriage and her moving on - it would have been the first time in a long time than I haven't been like 'WTF' at a Mariah album title :lol

I wasn't "some" lambs, I would say it was about 80% negative reactions, and even the few who liked it thought it was a horrible choice for a single.

Well according to Jermaine, it wasn't a single lol

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

hottiecasanova

"You think that's sexy? With the Rocket Pop's outside you?"

#611 [url]

Apr 19 17 3:40 PM

BeyondIdolization wrote:
^TAOLG was a great album title, but imo the song is just terrible. I still wish she would've named the album that though even if the song was left off. laugh.gif

This!

Quote    Reply   

#612 [url]

Apr 19 17 5:23 PM

I will forever love The Art of Letting Go, as it is the song which kind of got me into Mariah. Yeah, it would have happened eventually anyway, but it was about the time she released the song that I truly thought: ''Damn, maybe I should give her other stuff a listen.'' I loved the RnB feel to it, even though it's a bit verbose and not that catchy. And it is still one of my favourites (maybe in the top 25 or 30).

Personally, I'm hoping for new material; MIAMTEC is an amazing album, and something on that level would be great. Chart success and popularity is welcome, but not at all essential.

__    __    __    __    __    __    __    __    __    __    __    __    __    __

Charmbracelet is my favorite MC album. DEAL WIT IT

Quote    Reply   

#613 [url]

Apr 19 17 6:33 PM

I remember there was a leaked tracklist for the album  "The Art of Letting Go" with "Hope Streets" and "Save the Day" on it

THE LIST OF SONGS OF THE NEW ALBUM: "The Art Of Letting Go":

1.) Make It Look Good / Produced by Jermaine Dupri
2.) #Beautiful (Feat. Miguel) / Produced by Miguel + Mariah Carey + Happy Perez
3.) You're Mine / Produced by The-Dream
4.) You Don't Know What / Produced by Jermaine Dupri
5.) Hope Street / Produced by The-Dream
6.) Lullaby of Birdland - Interlude / Produced by Big Jim Wright
7.) The Art of Letting Go / Produced by Jermaine Dupri
8.) I Can't Love U (Feat. R. Kelly) / Produced by Darkchild
9.) Mr. Operator / Produced by Mike WiLL Made It
10.) Hurricane / Produced by Hit-Boy
11.) This Cannot Be Love / Produced by Big Jim Wright
12.) I'll Still Be Around (Feat. Stevie Wonder) / Produced by Walter Afanasieff
13.) Heart / Produced by Big Jim Wright
14.) Save The Day / Produced by Bryan Michael Cox

5 songs in this "fake" tracklist ended on the Me. I Am Mariah... The Elusive Chanteuse album!  Always wonder if this was supposed to be the final album back then
and that she (due the breakup with nick and all the delays of the album) had changed into a different album with more nick related songs (Cry, Faded, Camouflage)
i always hoped the R.Kelly & Stevie wonder duets were true  did see a pic of Mariah & R.kelly singing in studio,  dont know if this was for the betcha gon' know remix,
because that was more a 'copy paste' remix without new Mariah vocals?
If that tracklist was real, maybe Mariah saved the best songs for a new album in the future, and she has working on new music after that so maybe a new album in 2017 is possible

Quote    Reply   

mcfan

#Beautiful

#615 [url]

Apr 19 17 6:48 PM

MIAMTEC wrote:

!!!!!

Quote    Reply   

#616 [url]

Apr 19 17 9:09 PM

San777 wrote:

I remember there was a leaked tracklist for the album  "The Art of Letting Go" with "Hope Streets" and "Save the Day" on it

THE LIST OF SONGS OF THE NEW ALBUM: "The Art Of Letting Go":

1.) Make It Look Good / Produced by Jermaine Dupri
2.) #Beautiful (Feat. Miguel) / Produced by Miguel + Mariah Carey + Happy Perez
3.) You're Mine / Produced by The-Dream
4.) You Don't Know What / Produced by Jermaine Dupri
5.) Hope Street / Produced by The-Dream
6.) Lullaby of Birdland - Interlude / Produced by Big Jim Wright
7.) The Art of Letting Go / Produced by Jermaine Dupri
8.) I Can't Love U (Feat. R. Kelly) / Produced by Darkchild
9.) Mr. Operator / Produced by Mike WiLL Made It
10.) Hurricane / Produced by Hit-Boy
11.) This Cannot Be Love / Produced by Big Jim Wright
12.) I'll Still Be Around (Feat. Stevie Wonder) / Produced by Walter Afanasieff
13.) Heart / Produced by Big Jim Wright
14.) Save The Day / Produced by Bryan Michael Cox

5 songs in this "fake" tracklist ended on the Me. I Am Mariah... The Elusive Chanteuse album!  Always wonder if this was supposed to be the final album back then
and that she (due the breakup with nick and all the delays of the album) had changed into a different album with more nick related songs (Cry, Faded, Camouflage)
i always hoped the R.Kelly & Stevie wonder duets were true  did see a pic of Mariah & R.kelly singing in studio,  dont know if this was for the betcha gon' know remix,
because that was more a 'copy paste' remix without new Mariah vocals?
If that tracklist was real, maybe Mariah saved the best songs for a new album in the future, and she has working on new music after that so maybe a new album in 2017 is possible

The whole R. Kelly thing is weird because you have to remember the "I Checked" demo that leaked, which is obviously from a female POV with the BGK beat...

This is what I expected when the "remix" was going to be released on MIAM... but the track we go was nothing close to this. Who knows what they were working on. Honestly, the whole "Betcha Gon Know" concept seemed like a "Trapped in the Closet" type concept, hence the "To Be Continued..." line at the end of the original.

Quote    Reply   

Kevon

Administrator

#618 [url]

Apr 20 17 3:51 AM

MIAMTEC wrote:
Kevon wrote:

I just want her to be able to put out music without people lazily mirroring it to her previous work. Everything isn't "throwback to 90s mariah". I'm not interested in that, they should let CURRENT Mariah be the center of the conversation.
I remember the VOL comparison, who made that again? I remember hearing the song and wondering if their hearing was ok.

Wrapped up in a shady tortilla

Quote    Reply   

carlos b fly

Administrator

#620 [url]

Apr 20 17 8:24 AM

BeyondIdolization wrote:
Obviously that track list is fake. Feat. Stevie Wonder produced by Walter Afanasieff? Clearly a deluded lamb fantasizing laugh.gif

That was so funny. I mean, the track listing was so lunatic you couldn't even remotely take it seriously smiley: laugh

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help