Remove this ad

BeyondIdolization

May we always be together...
In the sands of time

#581 [url]

Apr 19 17 7:36 AM

She can skip AIWFCIY promo for one year though, it's not like she has to promote it actively every year. Maybe they're aiming to get the album out quite a bit before the Christmas concerts start.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

Mariah10Carey88

my panties itch, what do i do? asking for a friend

#582 [url]

Apr 19 17 7:46 AM

I think she should just take unreleased never before heard tracks from past albums and compile them on one and it would sell really well

Quote    Reply   

carlos b fly

Administrator

#583 [url]

Apr 19 17 7:59 AM

Mariah10Carey88 wrote:
I think she should just take unreleased never before heard tracks from past albums and compile them on one and it would sell really well

They should have done this as a catalogue option last year when it was clear no new album was on the horizon.

Quote    Reply   

#584 [url]

Apr 19 17 8:34 AM

I don't think that she should skip the promo, that would be bad. We are tryna get AIWFCIY to #1 which is still possible, and the album promotion could be done with it. I would suggest her releasing the album during November, promote it on the Hallmark movies, at the Beacon shows, and on anything else she does (TV Shows, Press Promotion, a contract with radio stations).

Quote    Reply   

mcfan

#Beautiful

#585 [url]

Apr 19 17 8:39 AM

Mariah10Carey88 wrote:

A hasbeen mess. 

Quote    Reply   

Kevon

Administrator

#586 [url]

Apr 19 17 9:00 AM

BeyondIdolization wrote:
She can skip AIWFCIY promo for one year though, it's not like she has to promote it actively every year. Maybe they're aiming to get the album out quite a bit before the Christmas concerts start.

AWFCIY keeps her booked at xmas. Go do a bunch of tv shows, couple of performances - AIWFCIY and the new song. 

Maybe go perform it on Dick Clark's NYE Special, what could go wrong? smiley: laugh

I would actually die if she appeared again this year. Dem ratings of people perched for mess though smiley: laugh

Wrapped up in a shady tortilla

Quote    Reply   

BeyondIdolization

In the sands of time

#588 [url]

Apr 19 17 11:41 AM

No compilation album of any kind would sell 'really well', those days are long gone. They *could* release one just because it doesn't really cost them much at all, but it would sell maybe 30k total.

Quote    Reply   

Mariah10Carey88

#589 [url]

Apr 19 17 11:45 AM

I really believe an album full of songs from Mariahs most popular years would sell a lot more than an album made in 2017 that has a bunch of Infinitys and I Donts.

Quote    Reply   

carlos b fly

Administrator

#590 [url]

Apr 19 17 11:48 AM

BeyondIdolization wrote:
No compilation album of any kind would sell 'really well', those days are long gone. They *could* release one just because it doesn't really cost them much at all, but it would sell maybe 30k total.

It probably wouldn't, no. Its more of a holdover between doing a proper album but with more of a creative flair. Even if you look at something like MJ's Xscape album (the definition of  high version of this), it didn't blow up the charts and this was with the 'advantage' of having passed away. 

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

carlos b fly

Administrator

#591 [url]

Apr 19 17 11:50 AM

Mariah10Carey88 wrote:
I really believe an album full of songs from Mariahs most popular years would sell a lot more than an album made in 2017 that has a bunch of Infinitys and I Donts.

I dont, excuse the pun. The songs are essentially castoffs and didn't make the cut for a reason. It would be a nice little side project but its niche and you need to set your expectations realistically. Mariah or the label aren't going to aggressively market or promote some unwanted songs anywhere near as much as a campaign of fresh, current material. 

Quote    Reply   

Mariah10Carey88

#592 [url]

Apr 19 17 11:54 AM

You guys are thinking like lambs and not the general public. 90% of the comments nonlambs make on news stories about her or even her own Facebook posts are "I miss the old Mariah". Slipping Away for example did not make the cut on daydream but that doesn't make it any less good than the songs that did make the cut, and I'm sure she has a ton more like that from that era all the way through EMC that are better songs than what she's been serving for the past 3 years.

Quote    Reply   

BeyondIdolization

In the sands of time

#595 [url]

Apr 19 17 12:17 PM

carlos b fly wrote:
Mariah10Carey88 wrote:
You're guys are thinking like lambs and not the general public is not. 

IKR. Only a lamb would believe a compilation of old songs that weren't even hits would sell anything. Compilation albums don't even sell well in general- your MJ example is a good one and those 'new old songs' compilations were massively promoted and still flopped. People did rush out to buy his HITS compilations after his death, which makes sense. But a 'rarities' collection only really appeals to hardcore fans, especially in this sales climate.

Quote    Reply   

Nike

Posts: 12,129 We're all just living in the moment of being positive and there's like, people called haters ... [No, no, Cindy] ... and we give them positivity

#596 [url]

Apr 19 17 12:30 PM

Panic the City?

it is interesting that this video (from her official youtube channel) titles "Panic The City" as well

Last Edited By: Nike Apr 19 17 12:34 PM. Edited 2 times.

Quote    Reply   

Nike

Posts: 12,129 We're all just living in the moment of being positive and there's like, people called haters ... [No, no, Cindy] ... and we give them positivity

#597 [url]

Apr 19 17 12:35 PM

can't share the video here, weird

just search "Mariah Panic The City" then the video can be found

Quote    Reply   

Migrate90

#598 [url]

Apr 19 17 1:18 PM

Mariah10Carey88 wrote:

I get your point. 

If she were to release an album full of cast-offs from her pre-Rainbow albums, without even letting it known that they are in fact old cast-offs, it would do better than a 2017 album with several "Infinity"s and "I Don't"s on it. Or let's put it this way, it's not like it would be a gargantuan success, but it would DEFINITELY sell more than an album made in 2017 that has a bunch of "Infinity"s and "I Don't"s. 

Between songs like "Infamous," "Infinity" and "I Don't," Mariah's very latest music is lousy, to put it mildly, AND it bombs to top it all off. So, releasing music from her popular years, even if it's tracks that weren't considered up-to-par enough to make an album, it's for sure miles better in quality compared to sh!t like "I Don't" AND you're guaranteed more units sold.

As for that song, "Panic The City," that Shawn tweeted about—I bet it's not remotely resembling an actual dance song; my guess is most people would think of "Meteorite" when they think of an original Mariah dance song. I bet Shawn, like JD (and Mariah herself tbh) considers songs like "Migrate," "It's Like That," or Janet's "So Excited" as dance songs.

Quote    Reply   

BeyondIdolization

In the sands of time

#599 [url]

Apr 19 17 1:54 PM

Migrate90 wrote:
Mariah10Carey88 wrote:

I get your point. 

If she were to release an album full of cast-offs from her pre-Rainbow albums, without even letting it known that they are in fact old cast-offs, it would do better than a 2017 album with several "Infinity"s and "I Don't"s on it. Or let's put it this way, it's not like it would be a gargantuan success, but it would DEFINITELY sell more than an album made in 2017 that has a bunch of "Infinity"s and "I Don't"s. 

Between songs like "Infamous," "Infinity" and "I Don't," Mariah's very latest music is lousy, to put it mildly, AND it bombs to top it all off. So, releasing music from her popular years, even if it's tracks that weren't considered up-to-par enough to make an album, it's for sure miles better in quality compared to sh!t like "I Don't" AND you're guaranteed more units sold.

As for that song, "Panic The City," that Shawn tweeted about—I bet it's not remotely resembling an actual dance song; my guess is most people would think of "Meteorite" when they think of an original Mariah dance song. I bet Shawn, like JD (and Mariah herself tbh) considers songs like "Migrate," "It's Like That," or Janet's "So Excited" as dance songs.

I won't comment on most of this because it's so detached from reality, but I just wanted to point out that Mariah has said that she doesn't really record a lot of songs for each album, especially not in the early days when the release schedule was so tight. It's one thing to write a song, and another to fully complete it with vocals, production, mastering etc. I think fans are dreaming if they think she has 20 or even 10 fully recorded songs just lying around. We have most likely already heard most of what's been completed, and aside from Slipping Away and maybe Sprung, most of them aren't even that great.

Quote    Reply   

Ginger1.vivamariah19436

#600 [url]

Apr 19 17 2:24 PM

Mariah has already said she doesn't have songs in the vault that haven't made the album except the demo, and that was back during the Butterfly era. And I doubt that's changed much since. There are pre-Sony songs she wrote with Ben and others (Clarissa Dane, Gavin Christopher among others), but Sony/Columbia doesn't own those. I think the only album that has a handful of complete unreleased songs is the debut album, and that's because producers were given a demo track of 12 songs to re-work.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help