Remove this ad

Mariah Carey - All I Want For Christmas Is You, A Night of Joy & Festivity - Live at the Beacon Theatre

Rss     Subscribe     Share     Tweet    

0 Points

Vincent

Me. I am Vinny...The Shady Wordsmith

#81 [url]

Nov 10 16 11:41 AM

I figure since Trump bout to ruin the country/my life I might as well spend my coins on some of my last moments of happiness and go see Queen as much as I can.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Vincent, dahhhhling.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

Vincent

Me. I am Vinny...The Shady Wordsmith

#82 [url]

Nov 10 16 11:42 AM

I figure since Trump bout to ruin the country/my life I might as well spend my coins on some of my last moments of happiness and go see Queen as much as I can.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Vincent, dahhhhling.

Quote    Reply   

carlos b fly

Administrator

#83 [url]

Nov 11 16 3:22 PM

LaDiDa wrote:
The first year, front row cost $250, they are now $750.

Wow. I guess this shows you how successful and already a staple these Christmas shows are becoming. I won't lie, I bloody hate Christmas but I think these annual festive shows were probably one of (if not THE) best decision Mariah has made these last few years.

Quote    Reply   

Kevon

Administrator

#84 [url]

Nov 28 16 5:27 AM

Can't believe in 10 days I will be seeing Queen serving that joy 

I am on crying on the bathroom floor

giphy.gif

Wrapped up in a shady tortilla

Quote    Reply   

#85 [url]

Nov 29 16 1:00 AM

Do we think it's going to be the same exact show/setlist as the first two years? I would think she'd change it up at some point realizing many people are returning.

Anyway I'm going opening night so I'll be able to report on the music and such. Not really into the whole fashion of it tho so you won't get that type of review from me lol

Quote    Reply   

Kevon

Administrator

#86 [url]

Nov 29 16 6:05 AM

^Me neither to be honest, if I was a fan of fashion I would not be a Mariah fan I hope she does at least something different. Change one song. The three songs at the end I guess she could change up, but Hero, Emotions and WBT are a fair combination. Old ballad, old uptempo and her biggest "new Mariah" hit. Even if I could quite happily never hear WBT live again

Quote    Reply   

#88 [url]

Nov 29 16 11:09 AM

Kevon wrote:
^Me neither to be honest, if I was a fan of fashion I would not be a Mariah fan I hope she does at least something different. Change one song. The three songs at the end I guess she could change up, but Hero, Emotions and WBT are a fair combination. Old ballad, old uptempo and her biggest "new Mariah" hit. Even if I could quite happily never hear WBT live again

Personally, I think her fashions for these shows have been note perfect. Not a pink latex ensemble in sight. image

Quote    Reply   

Kevon

Administrator

#89 [url]

Nov 29 16 11:14 AM

mcfan wrote:
She should do VOL.
In an ideal world she'd do VOL instead of WBT, but no chance she will pass up lipping to that 47th backing track variation smiley: laugh

Quote    Reply   

#90 [url]

Nov 29 16 12:16 PM

She really does need to change it up. This is my first year going, but say I'd gone all three years... if I went back a third year in a row and it was the exact same show I'd be really annoyed.

Also I don't understand the need to do ANY non-Christmas songs. Doesn't make sense. It's a holiday event. That would be like going to your local high school Christmas concert and they decided to whip out "America The Beautiful" in the middle of the show lol

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

Kevon

Administrator

#92 [url]

Nov 29 16 12:25 PM

There are hundreds of christmas songs she could cover so that would be nice. Just another christmas classic. White Christmas with a nice CTIITAA arrangement would be cute and not too vocally demanding.

Quote    Reply   

MissyJG

#94 [url]

Dec 2 16 5:30 PM

Kevon wrote:
^Me neither to be honest, if I was a fan of fashion I would not be a Mariah fan laugh.gif I hope she does at least something different. Change one song. The three songs at the end I guess she could change up, but Hero, Emotions and WBT are a fair combination. Old ballad, old uptempo and her biggest "new Mariah" hit. Even if I could quite happily never hear WBT live again laugh.gif

Hahaha I love fashion and consider(ed) working in fashion and let me tell ya, it's definitely not easy seeing her sometimes. LOL. I cringe most of the time seeing her and even now I sometimes still can't believe her non existent sense of style.

Quote    Reply   

Kevon

Administrator

#95 [url]

Dec 3 16 4:08 AM

I wonder if she really just doesn't GAF or how much of it is her yes men enabling this. Do none of them sit down and say "you look a mess, that dress is too small and I can see your coochie"

Quote    Reply   

#96 [url]

Dec 4 16 7:28 PM

I am thinking that she will definitely be doing the same set list, which is really disappointing. If she was going to change it up, I would think she would have been in rehearsal for the past week or two (or not knowing Mariah LOL). This will be my third year and even last year it felt stale for a repeat attendee.

Quote    Reply   

matty tat tat

Let me speak quietly
So your heart can hear
I will hypnotise and mesmerise u
With the sound of your own fear

#97 [url]

Dec 4 16 9:30 PM

I don't understand the point to do non-Christmas songs at a Christmas concert either. Maybe it makes sense for the more casual fans but would you expect anybody but lambs going to these? I'd rather hear 3 additional Xmas songs or even Auld Lang Syne. I agree with Kevon.. We Belong Together live 😴

Like 'Mariah Carey Multimedia Page' on Facebook
(facebook.com/MariahCareyMultimedia)

Subscribe to the MimiMultimedia YouTube Channel
(http://www.youtube.com/user/MimiMultimedia)

Quote    Reply   

#98 [url]

Dec 4 16 9:46 PM

LOL-- she usually does have pretty terrible style, but she looked amazing at the Beacon shows last year. I especially loved how she looked in that gold dress-- it fit her perfectly.

Regarding her singing non-Christmas songs, I actually think it's a good idea. I've gone the past 2 years and I can tell you the audience is definitely not just hardcore lambs. I'm going with a friend this year who isn't necessary a "lamb" and was happy to find out she sings some non-Christmas songs. I would love to see her change up which ones she does though-- IMO Always Be My Baby could replace Emotions, at least.

I'd also love to see her shakeup the setlist this year, but tbh I just get hammered and have the best time, so no matter what she sings I'll be in heaven

Quote    Reply   

#99 [url]

Dec 4 16 10:52 PM

nickad100 wrote:
I am thinking that she will definitely be doing the same set list, which is really disappointing. If she was going to change it up, I would think she would have been in rehearsal for the past week or two (or not knowing Mariah LOL). This will be my third year and even last year it felt stale for a repeat attendee.

What makes you think there hasn't been rehearsals?  The rehearsals were planned and in fact dictated when the third Hawaiian date had to be as to not conflict.

Quote    Reply   

#100 [url]

Dec 5 16 2:01 AM

I would love if miss you most could replace when xmas comes, even if it's just a snippet a la thank god i found you. Also, when you believe wouldn't be bad. I did enjoy seeing emotions, though, for the intro alone. Hero and WBT are so overdone,but two of her biggest hits for casual fans. Whatever she does will be great,but hopefully there willbe changes. Let's see!

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help