Remove this ad

MisplacedValidity

Administrator

#43 [url]

Nov 29 15 2:11 PM

at this read of Keys in a review of the last episode of Empire:

Alicia Keys joins the cast in the role of Skye Summers, a character formed in the singer’s own image, with the same penchant for playing piano while screaming like she burned her neck with a hot comb and stepped barefoot on a Lego at the exact same moment.

Not that I can blame it, because if Keys was that ear-splitting from the couch, it must have been like a My Bloody Valentine show that close to the screen. But in a way, Keys and her jet-engine belting work because Empire is essentially Alicia Keys as a television show. It’s attractive, seems cool, and is teeming with potential, but the volume is always cranked up to 13, which drowns all the nuance. This show is on fire, but the kind that requires evacuation.
http://www.avclub.com/tvclub/empire-fizzles-again-episode-manages-be-campy-and--228990

Quote    Reply   

NhWxMaN

#44 [url]

Nov 29 15 2:22 PM

Alicia's first episode on Empire produced the shows LOWEST rated episode in its history. It dropped 20% from the week before to 9.11 mil viewers. 

Quote    Reply   

MisplacedValidity

Administrator

#45 [url]

Nov 29 15 2:31 PM

Empire sucks this season. It's no wonder its ratings keep falling. Mariah should have appeared late last season or early this season. By the time she appears - if she ever does - people won't care.

Quote    Reply   

Vincent

Me. I am Vinny...The Shady Wordsmith

#46 [url]

Nov 29 15 4:09 PM

The last few episodes were good IMO.

Though, the Lesbian turning the gay straight was a bit hard to stomach

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Vincent, dahhhhling.

Quote    Reply   

carlos b fly

Administrator

#47 [url]

Nov 29 15 4:16 PM

MisplacedValidity wrote:
Empire sucks this season. It's no wonder its ratings keep falling. Mariah should have appeared late last season or early this season. By the time she appears - if she ever does - people won't care.

I've heard its really nose diving in quality from quite a few people. I was tempted to get into it but its turning into one of those Glee types of shows. A brief popculture moment everyone raves about and watches and then they are all over by the next year.

Quote    Reply   

mcfan

#Beautiful

#48 [url]

Nov 29 15 4:25 PM

MisplacedValidity wrote:
roll.gif at this read of Keys in a review of the last episode of Empire:

Alicia Keys joins the cast in the role of Skye Summers, a character formed in the singer’s own image, with the same penchant for playing piano while screaming like she burned her neck with a hot comb and stepped barefoot on a Lego at the exact same moment.

Not that I can blame it, because if Keys was that ear-splitting from the couch, it must have been like a My Bloody Valentine show that close to the screen. But in a way, Keys and her jet-engine belting work because Empire is essentially Alicia Keys as a television show. It’s attractive, seems cool, and is teeming with potential, but the volume is always cranked up to 13, which drowns all the nuance. This show is on fire, but the kind that requires evacuation.
http://www.avclub.com/tvclub/empire-fizzles-again-episode-manages-be-campy-and--228990

gif-read.gif

Quote    Reply   

MisplacedValidity

Administrator

#49 [url]

Nov 29 15 4:26 PM

Vincent wrote:
The last few episodes were good IMO.

Though, the Lesbian turning the gay straight was a bit hard to stomach laugh.gif

This week featured Cookie apparently not knowing the man she's been f*cking had a huge tattoo on his back. In addition to Jamal kissing a woman, it also featured Lucius suddenly loving babies (meanwhile what about his daughter Lola?) and Anika just having no consistency or purpose at all. I can't.

Quote    Reply   

MisplacedValidity

Administrator

#50 [url]

Nov 29 15 4:27 PM

carlos b fly wrote:
MisplacedValidity wrote:

I've heard its really nose diving in quality from quite a few people. I was tempted to get into it but its turning into one of those Glee types of shows. A brief popculture moment everyone raves about and watches and then they are all over by the next year.

For sure. It's like a Ryan Murphy show in how it was pretty great its first season, but then fell apart after that in tying to top itself by going over-the-top and, likely, ultimately being a parody of itself.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

mcfan

#Beautiful

#51 [url]

Nov 29 15 4:28 PM

The biggest complaint I've seen about Empire this season is that they are squeezing in too much plot wise and there's little to no character development.

I've seen a lot of comparisons to soap operas, which isn't really flattering. Hopefully the second sets of episodes will be better and the gap creates some hype.

Quote    Reply   

Vincent

Me. I am Vinny...The Shady Wordsmith

#52 [url]

Nov 29 15 4:32 PM

MisplacedValidity wrote:
Vincent wrote:The last few episodes were good IMO.

Though, the Lesbian turning the gay straight was a bit hard to stomach image

This week featured Cookie apparently not knowing the man she's been f*cking had a huge tattoo on his back. In addition to Jamal kissing a woman, it also featured Lucius suddenly loving babies (meanwhile what about his daughter Lola?) and Anika just having no consistency or purpose at all. I can't.

I mean, she ain't fcking him, so she could've not seen the tattoo. Though, I am not sure it was implied that she hadn't seen it, I just don't think she knew what it meant? Cause she ripped his shirt off and said "this one??"

Lucious wants his last name passed on; what if Andre has a girl... he might not be so excited anymore. Remember he's selfish. IDK what happened with Lola though, I can't even recall that

Yeah Anika is a mess but I mean the show isn't realistic she craycray.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Vincent, dahhhhling.

Quote    Reply   

carlos b fly

Administrator

#53 [url]

Nov 29 15 4:35 PM

MisplacedValidity wrote:
carlos b fly wrote:
MisplacedValidity wrote:

For sure. It's like a Ryan Murphy show in how it was pretty great its first season, but then fell apart after that in tying to top itself by going over-the-top and, likely, ultimately being a parody of itself.

Is it just me or is social media really encouraging these kinds of things as well? Like a show becomes a must see because of Twitter and then once people have finished being swayed by that hype, they are over the show? Even something like Game Of Thrones I think (unpopular opinion alert) is coasting on being the 'in' show to like when in facts its being a joke of itself.

Quote    Reply   

NhWxMaN

#54 [url]

Nov 30 15 10:36 PM

mcfan wrote:
The biggest complaint I've seen about Empire this season is that they are squeezing in too much plot wise and there's little to no character development.

I've seen a lot of comparisons to soap operas, which isn't really flattering. Hopefully the second sets of episodes will be better and the gap creates some hype.

That is my biggest complaint with the show.  It pretty much fails at character development.  

Quote    Reply   

MisplacedValidity

Administrator

#55 [url]

Dec 1 15 12:13 AM

It's not so much that there is no character development, it's that there is no consistency. Characters "develop" in that they change, but it's like who they are changes episode to episode.

Quote    Reply   

mcfan

#Beautiful

#60 [url]

May 6 16 12:30 PM

What holds me back from truly liking it is her tone. She doesn't have the voice to sing in this soft register imo, especially since she f*cked it up by screaming so much.

I like the sound though.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help