Stevie Wonder
Baby Face
Alicia Keys
Emeli Sande
Jeff Bhasker
Diane Warren
Shea Taylor
Krucial Keys

I think they are writers/producers who could write & produce absolutely gorgeous material for Mariah in the Pop/R&B Adult Contemporary cross-over vein! I know it likely wont happen... But.. *smiles* There is hope!
Aren't those all people who worked on Alicia's latest album (minus Stevie and Diane)?

3) I named Emeli Sande because she is one hell of a songwriter! I think Lyrically (on an inspirational level) Which is what Mariah seems to be going after... Mariah & Emeli could write one hell of a record together! (See the Lyrical Content of Alicia's "Brand New Me" & "Not Even The King").

I'd be thrilled if Mariah worked with Emeli. Aside from the work she's done for Alicia, I enjoy some of her own songs too.

Remove this ad

#1062 [url]

Jan 24 13 6:13 PM

mcfan4ever17 wrote:
iKEN wrote:
mcfan wrote:
iKEN wrote:
I would love for Mariah to work with:

Stevie Wonder
Baby Face
Alicia Keys
Emeli Sande
Jeff Bhasker
Diane Warren
Shea Taylor
Krucial Keys

I think they are writers/producers who could write & produce absolutely gorgeous material for Mariah in the Pop/R&B Adult Contemporary cross-over vein! I know it likely wont happen... But.. *smiles* There is hope!
Aren't those all people who worked on Alicia's latest album (minus Stevie and Diane)?

3) I named Emeli Sande because she is one hell of a songwriter! I think Lyrically (on an inspirational level) Which is what Mariah seems to be going after... Mariah & Emeli could write one hell of a record together! (See the Lyrical Content of Alicia's "Brand New Me" & "Not Even The King").

I'd be thrilled if Mariah worked with Emeli. Aside from the work she's done for Alicia, I enjoy some of her own songs too.

Exactly! I went back an added her album an a specific song in my post! I didnt wanna do it at first because I didnt want to come across as if i was promoting another artists material on my Mariah Carey fan forum! I dont wanna disrespect this woman in ANY way.

But I would love Mariah to do something like:

My Kind of Love
Mountains
Next To Me
Rivers
Imagine

It would be BRILLIANT !

#1063 [url]

Jan 24 13 6:36 PM

I LOVE to know exactly NOTHING about this New Album .. I hope when its ready it will SMASH us all!! And at least 10.000.000 worldwide ;p

#1065 [url]

Jan 24 13 10:51 PM

iKEN wrote:
mcfan wrote:
iKEN wrote:
I would love for Mariah to work with:

Stevie Wonder
Baby Face
Alicia Keys
Emeli Sande
Jeff Bhasker
Diane Warren
Shea Taylor
Krucial Keys

Shea Taylor, Krucial Keys, Diane Warren, & Stevie Wonder did NOT work on Alicia's latest album.

1) I named Alicia because from an R&B standpoint...She is one I feel can actually understand Mariah's Voice... Picture Mariah singing (Try Sleeping With A Broken Heart, Un-Thinkable (I'm Ready), That's How Strong My love Is, Not Even The King, When It's All Over etc)

2) I named Baby Face because he has been chasing that 90's Adult Contemporary Sound lately (Hear Beyonce's "Broken Hearted Girl" & "Best Thing I Never Had"....Also Alicia's "Thats When I Knew"). If there is ONE Vocalist that Understand & can deliver a 90's AC Ballads it's Mariah!

3) I named Emeli Sande because she is one hell of a songwriter! I think Lyrically (on an inspirational level) Which is what Mariah seems to be going after... Mariah & Emeli could write one hell of a record together! (See the Lyrical Content of Alicia's "Brand New Me" & "Not Even The King"). ALSO Get into her album "Our Version of Events"... Track #2 "My Kind of Love" I would LOOOVE Mariah to do something like this!

4) Jeff Bhasker is one of the HOTTEST Producers in the game today. From Fun's "We Are Young" to Alicia's "Try Sleeping With A Broken Heart" & "Girl on Fire" to Beyonce's "I Care". I would love a stadium (empowerment) styled ballad like one of these with Mariah's unique range over radio today! I think he an Mariah could craft a Hit.
I absolutely agree with all of this. In particular about the Jeff Bhasker collabo. I think he and Mariah's skills are tailored made to work together, and come up with something amazing! Not to mention, he has expressed his undying love for her via twitter, and how exciting it would be to work with her, as has many and producers she's yet to work with. I sure hope she finally gives some of them a chance to help her craft some exceptional material. 

#1066 [url]

Jan 24 13 11:41 PM

The good thing about this wait is all her competition has released their Album or first singles by now like Pink, Christina, Beyonce and Justin. The only 2 left to release something are Gaga and Britney. I really feel next month would be the right time to release the single and let it build at Radio but they gotta build hype. I though the countdown they had for Touch My Body was an amazing move and really worked well so why not do it again with this single.

#1067 [url]

Jan 25 13 4:21 AM

iKEN wrote:
Milagro wrote:
Iken: you don't know where "I don't know here" comes from? You'll probably find it somewhere in a GIF topic..

smiley: laugh "I love Beyonce, She's a great writer..."  Sound familiar. smiley: tongue

smiley: laugh

Kevon

Administrator

#1068 [url]

Jan 25 13 4:55 AM

Gawain of Suffolk wrote:
The good thing about this wait is all her competition has released their Album or first singles by now like Pink, Christina, Beyonce and Justin. 
Beyonce has?

Anyway, I think you need to stop thinking it's 2005. It's pointless to think of people like Britney, Gaga, P!nk etc as 'competition'. They're not. They're the newer generation of artists and comparing them or thinking that what they do is going to affect Mariah is silly.

Wrapped up in a shady tortilla

Emancipated Tamale

make it happen.

#1069 [url]

Jan 26 13 11:09 PM

kevo2002 wrote:
Gawain of Suffolk wrote:
The good thing about this wait is all her competition has released their Album or first singles by now like Pink, Christina, Beyonce and Justin. 
Beyonce has?

Anyway, I think you need to stop thinking it's 2005. It's pointless to think of people like Britney, Gaga, P!nk etc as 'competition'. They're not. They're the newer generation of artists and comparing them or thinking that what they do is going to affect Mariah is silly.

#1070 [url]

Jan 27 13 1:51 PM

I heard she leaked a new track along with Justin guess I was miss informed

Remove this ad

Kevon

Administrator

#1071 [url]

Jan 27 13 3:26 PM

Where did you hear that?

hottiecasanova

"You think that's sexy? With the Rocket Pop's outside you?"

#1072 [url]

Jan 27 13 4:32 PM

kevo2002 wrote:
Where did you hear that?

Beyonce was rumoured to be on 'Suit and Tie' in the week before it was released.

mariahfan150

You're going to miss my love in the middle of the night...

#1073 [url]

Jan 27 13 5:13 PM

kevo2002 wrote:
Gawain of Suffolk wrote:
Beyonce has?

Thank you.

seattlesfinest's Profile Page

#1074 [url]

Jan 27 13 6:39 PM

mariahfan150 wrote:
kevo2002 wrote:
Gawain of Suffolk wrote:
Beyonce has?

Thank you.

How wouldn't todays most popular artist filling up Pop Radio not effect Mariah's Singles? One of the biggest reasons for It's Like That taking off the way it did was it being released at the right time. Timing has alot to do with success

Kevon

Administrator

#1075 [url]

Jan 27 13 6:50 PM

Gawain of Suffolk wrote:
mariahfan150 wrote:
kevo2002 wrote:
Gawain of Suffolk wrote:
Beyonce has?

Thank you.

How wouldn't todays most popular artist filling up Pop Radio not effect Mariah's Singles? One of the biggest reasons for It's Like That taking off the way it did was it being released at the right time. Timing has alot to do with success
 I love how in response to me pointing out that it's not 2005 anymore you bring up a single that was released in 2005 as an example. Mariah is not an 'in' artist anymore. She's not competing with those people you listed. In 2005 she would have been. I think you just need to accept that moderate airplay would be a success for her at this point. The odds of her battling Lady Gaga for the top spot are virtually non existent.

hottiecasanova

"You think that's sexy? With the Rocket Pop's outside you?"

#1076 [url]

Jan 27 13 7:18 PM

^Yes, but what I think he is trying to say is that Mariah was radio poison for years until ILT came out. She's actually had a more recent solo radio hit now then she had back then.

Emancipated Tamale

make it happen.

#1077 [url]

Jan 27 13 8:46 PM

Gawain of Suffolk wrote:
mariahfan150 wrote:
kevo2002 wrote:
Gawain of Suffolk wrote:
Beyonce has?

Thank you.

I think what Kevo was trying to explain is that fans of those you named, are not into Mariah's music at all so it doesn't really matter.

Now, I always believe it's all about the music. If her single is fire, it will do good.

LegendaryShade

Posts: 2,883 Throwing Shade Since Your Fave Was Still Relevant

#1080 [url]

Jan 28 13 1:18 PM

kevo2002 wrote:
Gawain of Suffolk wrote:
mariahfan150 wrote:
kevo2002 wrote:
Gawain of Suffolk wrote:
Beyonce has?

Thank you.

I love how in response to me pointing out that it's not 2005 anymore you bring up a single that was released in 2005 as an example. Mariah is not an 'in' artist anymore. She's not competing with those people you listed. In 2005 she would have been. I think you just need to accept that moderate airplay would be a success for her at this point. The odds of her battling Lady Gaga for the top spot are virtually non existent.

This would be an invalid argument even in 2005, honestly- Mariah was a 15-year music vet by then.

Gaga and Mariah also appeal to different audiences (albeit with some crossover).

As usual, the moral of the story is- don't get into an argument with Gawain smiley: laugh

Remove this ad

Quick Reply

bbcode help