#1041 [url]

Jan 24 13 10:40 AM

^ All depends how good it was frankly.

Remove this ad

#1042 [url]

Jan 24 13 11:50 AM

Milagro wrote:
iKEN wrote:
I hope she does some samples of her favorite classics on the new album! Her samples are ALWAYS genius! I would love for her to sample the records that helped shape her as a vocalist/artist!

True! Would love to hear some samples! Besides the samples, I really hope she let's go of the "want to stay rellevant" music like Obsessed, Touch My Body etc. I really love/like the songs, but I prefer a more soulfull album, with jazzy ballads, big vocals and some great "up-tempo's". Don't mind if it has a WBT-clone song..... The thing I liked about MOAIA is that there are no rappers on it... Hope it stays that way! I like it for a remix or something like that, but do not prefer it on an album... Only if the mix of songs are good, like it was on TEOM

I agree with everything except the WBT Clone. We have had enough of those...Time for something new! MOAIA was...ehhh If you ask me it was full of the Touch My Body/Obsessed like songs! I wish she would leave the rapper thing alone also, but since she like hip-hop...She should do REMIXES featuring the rapper on the singles only! Give 2 remixes per single. A Completely re-sung DANCE/HOUSE remix & The Hip-hop feature.

#1043 [url]

Jan 24 13 11:55 AM

I

mimifan09 wrote:
What would everyone thing if the lead single is a ballad?
If it's a ballad that play on her strength as a VOCALIST & Cross Over act... YES!

I think with her being on Idol, and releasing a ballad as the lead single (An authentic one) It would definitely pay off BIG TIME! This is what the masses expect of Mariah in the first place! A ballad as the lead AND second single (One that play on her strength) & her idol gig could be the perfect package for her starting off this new era!

Migrate90

#1044 [url]

Jan 24 13 1:08 PM

iKEN wrote:
I agree with everything except the WBT Clone. We have had enough of those...Time for something new! MOAIA was...ehhh If you ask me it was full of the Touch My Body/Obsessed like songs! I wish she would leave the rapper thing alone also, but since she like hip-hop...She should do REMIXES featuring the rapper on the singles only! Give 2 remixes per single. A Completely re-sung DANCE/HOUSE remix & The Hip-hop feature.

You know what, I was wondering about that. Will she have any rappers on this new album? I wouldn't mind a rapper, as long as they fit the vibe of the song ("Side Effects" - Young Jeezy) and their verse makes sense alongisde the lyrics Mariah wrote. If it's something dumb ("Last night a DJ saved my life"), or JD shouting like a retard ("Love Story"), they can kick rocks. 

Usually we hear about a feature or two, along with names of producers, months before the album is out. As of now we know nothing, though... everything is so hush-hush. I really wonder if she has at least written/recorded half the album by now. 

#1045 [url]

Jan 24 13 1:13 PM

iKEN wrote:
Milagro wrote:
iKEN wrote:
I hope she does some samples of her favorite classics on the new album! Her samples are ALWAYS genius! I would love for her to sample the records that helped shape her as a vocalist/artist!

True! Would love to hear some samples! Besides the samples, I really hope she let's go of the "want to stay rellevant" music like Obsessed, Touch My Body etc. I really love/like the songs, but I prefer a more soulfull album, with jazzy ballads, big vocals and some great "up-tempo's". Don't mind if it has a WBT-clone song..... The thing I liked about MOAIA is that there are no rappers on it... Hope it stays that way! I like it for a remix or something like that, but do not prefer it on an album... Only if the mix of songs are good, like it was on TEOM

I just can't help it that I like almost all of the WBT clones out there smiley: laugh 

Aaaah sometimes I wish we could go back to the '90's.. Pop/R&B song as single and great R&B/HipHop/Dance remixes... I guess we just have to wait and see! At the end, she never dissapointed me! So I'll guess she won't dissapoint me with the new album (Truimphant never happend in the bubble where I live smiley: laughsmiley: pimp I do like the remixes though)

LegendaryShade

Posts: 2,883 Throwing Shade Since Your Fave Was Still Relevant

#1046 [url]

Jan 24 13 1:34 PM

kevo2002 wrote:
LegendaryShade wrote:
jasp17 wrote:
She was saying around the time Triumphant dropped that her album was going to be extremely R&B, and now I'm thinking they might be changing that up, and turning it into another pop/urban album ala TEOM.
T's problem wasn't that it was too R&B, it was that it was a dated snooze that she barely sang on. But I get what you mean.

Wasn't she in the studio with Darkchild? There could be something single-worthy there. I bet we won't see a single till towards the Idol finale.

I think they should be promoting the album at the finale, and the single should come out at the start of the live shows. But what do I know? smiley: laugh

OK, fan smiley: laugh. I honestly don't think the album will be ready by then. I think the Idol boost needs to be more behind the single. Everyone knows when Mariah Carey puts an album out, she doesn't need the promotional lift. But she does need to perform that song so the tweens buy it on iTunes lol.

#1047 [url]

Jan 24 13 2:17 PM

Migrate90 wrote:
iKEN wrote:

You know what, I was wondering about that. Will she have any rappers on this new album? I wouldn't mind a rapper, as long as they fit the vibe of the song ("Side Effects" - Young Jeezy) and their verse makes sense alongisde the lyrics Mariah wrote. If it's something dumb ("Last night a DJ saved my life"), or JD shouting like a retard ("Love Story"), they can kick rocks. 

Usually we hear about a feature or two, along with names of producers, months before the album is out. As of now we know nothing, though... everything is so hush-hush. I really wonder if she has at least written/recorded half the album by now. 
As much anticipation I have for this album...I do want her to continue to take her time and craft a GREAT album. I feel there are still a few GREAT Albums left in her! I feel she has done the rapper thing since 1997 on her studio albums...its been 15 Years of that! I want this album to be a true testament to Vocal Performance! One that reflect on her Legacy as a Vocalist and the Legacy of those who influenced Mariah Carey as a Vocalist! Im hoping for DUETS on the album over featrued rappers if it come down to her collaborating. I feel with her being on Idol judging Vocal Performance every week with an audience of 15 Million + an with her voice being in GREAT condition it is time for such!

#1048 [url]

Jan 24 13 2:22 PM

Milagro wrote:
iKEN wrote:
Milagro wrote:
iKEN wrote:

I just can't help it that I like almost all of the WBT clones out there smiley: laugh 

Aaaah sometimes I wish we could go back to the '90's.. Pop/R&B song as single and great R&B/HipHop/Dance remixes... I guess we just have to wait and see! At the end, she never dissapointed me! So I'll guess she won't dissapoint me with the new album (Truimphant never happend in the bubble where I live smiley: laughsmiley: pimp I do like the remixes though)

smiley: roll What is this "Triumphant" you speak of dearest heart? smiley: laugh

#1049 [url]

Jan 24 13 2:33 PM

I would love for Mariah to work with:

Stevie Wonder
Baby Face
Alicia Keys
Emeli Sande
Jeff Bhasker
Diane Warren
Shea Taylor
Krucial Keys

I think they are writers/producers who could write & produce absolutely gorgeous material for Mariah in the Pop/R&B Adult Contemporary cross-over vein! I know it likely wont happen... But.. *smiles* There is hope!

#1050 [url]

Jan 24 13 3:30 PM

iKEN wrote:
Milagro wrote:
iKEN wrote:
Milagro wrote:
iKEN wrote:

smiley: roll What is this "Triumphant" you speak of dearest heart? smiley: laugh

What are you saying about... I don't know hersmiley: laugh

Remove this ad

carlos b fly

Administrator

#1051 [url]

Jan 24 13 3:41 PM

iKEN wrote:
Migrate90 wrote:
iKEN wrote:

As much anticipation I have for this album...I do want her to continue to take her time and craft a GREAT album. I feel there are still a few GREAT Albums left in her! I feel she has done the rapper thing since 1997 on her studio albums...its been 15 Years of that! I want this album to be a true testament to Vocal Performance! One that reflect on her Legacy as a Vocalist and the Legacy of those who influenced Mariah Carey as a Vocalist! Im hoping for DUETS on the album over featrued rappers if it come down to her collaborating. I feel with her being on Idol judging Vocal Performance every week with an audience of 15 Million + an with her voice being in GREAT condition it is time for such!

Random moment but - its so nice to see new members here on FOMM and I love the way you've been diving in with these articulate, intelligent posts such as this one. You've proven to be a wonderful and positive addition. Well done!

miragemm

#1052 [url]

Jan 24 13 3:54 PM

iKEN wrote:
Migrate90 wrote:
iKEN wrote:

Her last two studio releases did not have rap collaborations on them: Memoirs & MCIIY.

#1053 [url]

Jan 24 13 4:19 PM

Honestly since Whitney's passing and hearing her songs more and more on the radio I've come to miss the early 90's vocals by Mariah even more even if they were Whitney inspired. Whtiney was known as the best singer in the world and Mariah came in and actually made people either consider her best or call it an even tie. Listening to "I Wanna Dance With Somebody", "How Will I know, "So Emotional "I can't help but realise how great those songs sound even today. I'm saying it be a dream come true if Mariah took  some inspiration from there all those songs are pretty uptempo but the vocal delivery make the just as emotional as a Ballad. Mariah seemed to be great at hitting that mark all the time with songs like Emotions, Dreamlover, Your're So Cold, Fantasy, Make It Happen, Vision Of Love ect. Not to say she should go back in time it's gotta fit in currently but not in a way where it will sound dated by next year.

#1054 [url]

Jan 24 13 4:55 PM

Milagro wrote:
iKEN wrote:
Milagro wrote:
iKEN wrote:
Milagro wrote:
iKEN wrote:

What are you saying about... I don't know hersmiley: laugh

smiley: roll

#1055 [url]

Jan 24 13 5:03 PM

carlos b fly wrote:
iKEN wrote:
Migrate90 wrote:
iKEN wrote:

Random moment but - its so nice to see new members here on FOMM and I love the way you've been diving in with these articulate, intelligent posts such as this one. You've proven to be a wonderful and positive addition. Well done!

smiley: happy Thanks! I have so far a strong like for this community! Love the fact its an ACTIVE Mariah Fan Forum!

#1056 [url]

Jan 24 13 5:05 PM

THE NEW ALBUM: general info & discussion.

Iken: you don't know where "I don't know here" comes from? You'll probably find it somewhere in a GIF topic.. ;)

#1057 [url]

Jan 24 13 5:07 PM

miragemm wrote:
iKEN wrote:
Migrate90 wrote:
iKEN wrote:

Her last two studio releases did not have rap collaborations on them: Memoirs & MCIIY.
Memoirs? smiley: embarassed I don't know her. smiley: rollJ/K. I am in LOVE with Merry Christmas II You! Very relaxing Holiday Record!

#1058 [url]

Jan 24 13 5:12 PM

Milagro wrote:
Iken: you don't know where "I don't know here" comes from? You'll probably find it somewhere in a GIF topic..

smiley: laugh "I love Beyonce, She's a great writer..."  Sound familiar. smiley: tongue

mcfan

#Beautiful

#1059 [url]

Jan 24 13 5:26 PM

iKEN wrote:

Stevie Wonder
Baby Face
Alicia Keys
Emeli Sande
Jeff Bhasker
Diane Warren
Shea Taylor
Krucial Keys

I think they are writers/producers who could write & produce absolutely gorgeous material for Mariah in the Pop/R&B Adult Contemporary cross-over vein! I know it likely wont happen... But.. *smiles* There is hope!
Aren't those all people who worked on Alicia's latest album (minus Stevie and Diane)?

#1060 [url]

Jan 24 13 5:59 PM

mcfan wrote:
iKEN wrote:

Stevie Wonder
Baby Face
Alicia Keys
Emeli Sande
Jeff Bhasker
Diane Warren
Shea Taylor
Krucial Keys

Aren't those all people who worked on Alicia's latest album (minus Stevie and Diane)?

Shea Taylor, Krucial Keys, Diane Warren, & Stevie Wonder did NOT work on Alicia's latest album.

1) I named Alicia because from an R&B standpoint...She is one I feel can actually understand Mariah's Voice... Picture Mariah singing (Try Sleeping With A Broken Heart, Un-Thinkable (I'm Ready), That's How Strong My love Is, Not Even The King, When It's All Over etc)

2) I named Baby Face because he has been chasing that 90's Adult Contemporary Sound lately (Hear Beyonce's "Broken Hearted Girl" & "Best Thing I Never Had"....Also Alicia's "Thats When I Knew"). If there is ONE Vocalist that Understand & can deliver a 90's AC Ballads it's Mariah!

3) I named Emeli Sande because she is one hell of a songwriter! I think Lyrically (on an inspirational level) Which is what Mariah seems to be going after... Mariah & Emeli could write one hell of a record together! (See the Lyrical Content of Alicia's "Brand New Me" & "Not Even The King"). ALSO Get into her album "Our Version of Events"... Track #2 "My Kind of Love" I would LOOOVE Mariah to do something like this!

4) Jeff Bhasker is one of the HOTTEST Producers in the game today. From Fun's "We Are Young" to Alicia's "Try Sleeping With A Broken Heart" & "Girl on Fire" to Beyonce's "I Care". I would love a stadium (empowerment) styled ballad like one of these with Mariah's unique range over radio today! I think he an Mariah could craft a Hit.

Last Edited By: iKEN Jan 24 13 6:07 PM. Edited 2 times.

Remove this ad

Quick Reply

bbcode help